Win 7 64 bit versu Perseus

  • Chuck
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 9, 2012
      I installed Perseus and its USB drivers onto a new Win 7 Ultimate machine.

      Perseus software recognizes Perseus only when it runs as administrator but all seems well.

      However, in Device Manager the Perseus receiver has a yellow question mark.

      Also, although the Microtelecom USB driver guide does not say where the Perseus should appear for first installations, for updating drivers it shows the Perseus as appearing in the folder called "Universal Serial Bus controllers". On my machine, it appears in a folder named "Microtelecom Devices".

      What's the cause and cure, if this is truly a problem?

      Some day I will have a Perseus installation go cleanly on Win 7 64 bit. I am 0 for 3 so far.

      Chuck
    • alx_mtc
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 11, 2012
        Hi Chuck,

        --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck" <charlesh3@...> wrote:

        > I installed Perseus and its USB drivers onto a new Win 7 Ultimate machine.
        >
        > Perseus software recognizes Perseus only when it runs as administrator but all seems well.
        >
        > However, in Device Manager the Perseus receiver has a yellow question mark.
        >
        > Also, although the Microtelecom USB driver guide does not say where the Perseus should appear for first installations, for updating drivers it shows the Perseus as appearing in the folder called "Universal Serial Bus controllers". On my machine, it appears in a folder named "Microtelecom Devices".

        On page 12 of the WinUSB_ENG_R2.pdf file, you will find the screenshot of a Perseus receiver not yet installed and the steps to follow to install it.
        Once it appears under "Microtelecom Devices", the drivers were installed.
        About the yellow question mark... are you sure it is not another device?
        Does it disappear when you unplug the Perseus?

        Regards,
        Alessio
      • Chuck
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 11, 2012
          --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "alx_mtc" <alessio.miani@...> wrote:

          > Hi Chuck,
          >
          > --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck" <charlesh3@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I installed Perseus and its USB drivers onto a new Win 7 Ultimate machine.
          > >
          > > Perseus software recognizes Perseus only when it runs as administrator but all seems well.
          > >
          > > However, in Device Manager the Perseus receiver has a yellow question mark.
          > >
          > > Also, although the Microtelecom USB driver guide does not say where the Perseus should appear for first installations, for updating drivers it shows the Perseus as appearing in the folder called "Universal Serial Bus controllers". On my machine, it appears in a folder named "Microtelecom Devices".
          >

          > On page 12 of the WinUSB_ENG_R2.pdf file, you will find the screenshot of a Perseus receiver not yet installed and the steps to follow to install it.
          > Once it appears under "Microtelecom Devices", the drivers were installed.
          > About the yellow question mark... are you sure it is not another device?
          > Does it disappear when you unplug the Perseus?
          >
          > Regards,
          > Alessio

          Alessio -

          Thanksfor the pointer to the picture on p.12

          Since it is named "Perseus Rcvr", I'd be sure the device is indeed the Perseus. And yes, it does disappear when you unplug the Perseus.

          Chuck
        • alx_mtc
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 13, 2012
            It looks like the drivers are not installed.
            Please follow the instructions from page 12 on, Perseus should always appear under "Microtelecom Devices" once the drivers are properly installed.

            Alessio

            --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck" <charlesh3@...> wrote:

            > --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "alx_mtc" <alessio.miani@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi Chuck,
            > >
            > > --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck" <charlesh3@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > I installed Perseus and its USB drivers onto a new Win 7 Ultimate machine.
            > > >
            > > > Perseus software recognizes Perseus only when it runs as administrator but all seems well.
            > > >
            > > > However, in Device Manager the Perseus receiver has a yellow question mark.
            > > >
            > > > Also, although the Microtelecom USB driver guide does not say where the Perseus should appear for first installations, for updating drivers it shows the Perseus as appearing in the folder called "Universal Serial Bus controllers". On my machine, it appears in a folder named "Microtelecom Devices".
            > >

            > > On page 12 of the WinUSB_ENG_R2.pdf file, you will find the screenshot of a Perseus receiver not yet installed and the steps to follow to install it.
            > > Once it appears under "Microtelecom Devices", the drivers were installed.
            > > About the yellow question mark... are you sure it is not another device?
            > > Does it disappear when you unplug the Perseus?
            > >
            > > Regards,
            > > Alessio
            > >

            > Alessio -
            >
            > Thanksfor the pointer to the picture on p.12
            >
            > Since it is named "Perseus Rcvr", I'd be sure the device is indeed the Perseus. And yes, it does disappear when you unplug the Perseus.
            >
            > Chuck

          • Chuck
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 16, 2012
              Alessio -

              I had followed the instrutions verbatim.

              As for the drivers not being loaded, please remember that I wrote "all seems well". I can record from Perseus. The anomaly is simply that Control Panel shows a question mark on the Perseus device.

              It did take a bit of work to get there. First time: the "firmware download error" message. Second time: unable to get Perseus to communicate withthe software. Many powerups and plug pulls later, it finally worked.

              Chuck

              --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "alx_mtc" <alessio.miani@...> wrote:

              > It looks like the drivers are not installed.
              > Please follow the instructions from page 12 on, Perseus should always appear under "Microtelecom Devices" once the drivers are properly installed.
              >
              > Alessio
              >
              > --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck" <charlesh3@> wrote:
              > >

              > > --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "alx_mtc" <alessio.miani@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Hi Chuck,

              > > > On page 12 of the WinUSB_ENG_R2.pdf file, you will find the screenshot of a Perseus receiver not yet installed and the steps to follow to install it.
              > > > Once it appears under "Microtelecom Devices", the drivers were installed.
              > > > About the yellow question mark... are you sure it is not another device?
              > > > Does it disappear when you unplug the Perseus?
              > > >
              > > > Regards,
              > > > Alessio
              > > >

              > > Alessio -
              > >
              > > Thanksfor the pointer to the picture on p.12
              > >
              > > Since it is named "Perseus Rcvr", I'd be sure the device is indeed the Perseus. And yes, it does disappear when you unplug the Perseus.
              > >
              > > Chuck

            • alx_mtc
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 18, 2012
                Hi Chuck,
                It looks like as (somehow) you damaged/changed the eeprom contents on the Perseus board.
                This could explain your problems installing the drivers.
                However, if the question mark is the only misbehavior you see, you can simply ignore that.

                Alessio