Re: [perseus_SDR] Importing Perseus files to Matlab

  • Alberto I2PHD
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 5, 2012
      On 12/6/2012 12:17 AM, Lasse Moell wrote:

      Going to try some experiments using data collected with my Perseus. As I´m running out of time, I´ll try to cut some corners :)
      Do anyone have a m-file handy (and willing to share) that imports the wav-file into Matlab for further processing??

      Would love to get some help, saving time to figure this out by my self.

      On the command line of Matlab, just type :

      help wavread

      --
      73 Alberto I2PHD
    • bjarnemjelde
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 6, 2012
        The USB 2.0 threshold is 500 mA. If available, you could try a USB 3.0 port since its threshold is supposed to be 900 mA. Mind you, I haven't tested this, nor do I know of any who have. Caveat emptor and all that.

        Bjarne Mjelde
        Kongsfjord, Arctic Norway

        --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, Werner Karn <werner.karn@...> wrote:

        > Bill,
        >
        > there are a couple of threads in this forum addressing this topic.
        >
        > The basic message is: yes, that is possible but you should use a USB Y (
        > dual ) cable as Perseus power requirement is around 800mA and some USB port
        > specs are 500mA only.
        >
        > I'm using such a configuration sometimes without any problems.
        >
        > Regards
        >
        > Werner
        >

        > 2012/12/5 Bill Riches <bill.riches@...>
        >
        > > **
        > >

        > > Any ideas on powering perseus from laptop usb port?****
        > >
        > > ** **
        > >
        > > 73, Bill, WA2DVU****
        > >
        > > Cape May****

      • Giorgio Barinetti
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 6, 2012

          Hi all the group.

          This is not exact, some ports can handle up to 2Amp. Just have a look at you laptop’s spec sheet.

          Have a nice day.

          IZ2JGB

          Giorgio.

          The USB 2.0 threshold is 500 mA. If available, you could try a USB 3.0 port since its threshold is supposed to be 900 mA. Mind you, I haven't tested this, nor do I know of any who have. Caveat emptor and all that.

          Bjarne Mjelde
          Kongsfjord, Arctic Norway

          --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, Werner Karn <werner.karn@...> wrote:

          > Bill,
          >
          > there are a couple of threads in this forum addressing this topic.
          >
          > The basic message is: yes, that is possible but you should use a USB Y (
          > dual ) cable as Perseus power requirement is around 800mA and some USB port
          > specs are 500mA only.
          >
          > I'm using such a configuration sometimes without any problems.
          >
          > Regards
          >
          > Werner
          >

          > 2012/12/5 Bill Riches <bill.riches@...>
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > Any ideas on powering perseus from laptop usb port?****
          > >
          > > ** **
          > >
          > > 73, Bill, WA2DVU****
          > >
          > > Cape May****

          Nessun virus nel messaggio.
          Controllato da AVG - www.avg.com
          Versione: 2012.0.2221 / Database dei virus: 2634/5439 - Data di rilascio: 05/12/2012