Re: Trial over

  • James
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 4, 2012
      To say you "cannot use the receiver for local control" is not really true.

      After you have the server running, using the same PC just access 127.1.1.1 and you'll have local control.

      --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "Lasse Moell" <lasse.moell@...> wrote:

      > To get a Perseus to show up as a server you need to run the Perseus
      > server software (included in the software package)! This means you
      > cannot use the receiver for local control.
      >
      > You can either select the server to show up on the map or stay hidden...
      > you do this in the set up.
      >
      > If you read the Client-Server user reference (included in the
      > perseus.zip-file) it is all there how to set up and use!
      >
      > /Lasse SM5GLC

    • Lasse Moell
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 4, 2012
        Oh well... you do use it as if over the net, but recording is disabled.

        /Lasse SM5GLC

        On 4 dec 2012 22:16 "James" <jlill@...> wrote:

        To say you "cannot use the receiver for local control" is not really true.

        After you have the server running, using the same PC just access 127.1.1.1 and you'll have local control.

        --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "Lasse Moell" <lasse.moell@...> wrote:

        > To get a Perseus to show up as a server you need to run the Perseus
        > server software (included in the software package)! This means you
        > cannot use the receiver for local control.
        >
        > You can either select the server to show up on the map or stay hidden...
        > you do this in the set up.
        >
        > If you read the Client-Server user reference (included in the
        > perseus.zip-file) it is all there how to set up and use!
        >
        > /Lasse SM5GLC

      • Lasse Moell
        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 4, 2012
          I guess some of the server owners may be annoyed if there were a large user base that paid Microtelecom to use servers not owned by Microtelecom and not one of the new users offer any receiver for other to use!

          And what if owners of the servers decide to go "private"... people that paid for software and no servers available.

          /Lasse SM5GLC

          On 4 dec 2012 22:10 "Neil M Califano" <cchange454@...> wrote:

          > Too bad the network can't be accessed without a Perseus. It could be
          > worth the license or subscription.

        • Neil M Califano
          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 4, 2012
            Is there a reason by design you need to have a Perseus? Would there potentially be too many listeners clogging the servers?

            I guess some of the server owners may be annoyed if there were a large user base that paid Microtelecom to use servers not owned by Microtelecom and not one of the new users offer any receiver for other to use!

            And what if owners of the servers decide to go "private"... people that paid for software and no servers available.

            /Lasse SM5GLC

            On 4 dec 2012 22:10 "Neil M Califano" <cchange454@...> wrote:

            > Too bad the network can't be accessed without a Perseus. It could be
            > worth the license or subscription.

          • Giuseppe Campana
            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 4, 2012

              the goal is to have "tot" server and "tot client" but....if no one buy the hardware.....there iwill be no server.

              ik3vig
              Beppe

            • jbollit@ymail.com
              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 12, 2012
                I bought a Perseus so I could use the remote receivers.

                I would be **severely** "bent out of shape" if one could access the remote servers without having bought the hardware as I did.

                Jim