Re: Perseus 4.0c beta 1

  • iv3nwv
    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 1, 2012
      --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "dylerware" <dylerware@...> wrote:

      > dBuV label values still not fixed in the spectrum.
      > Pathetic! Really... are you seriously just ignoring people and just do your own thing? What a disappointment again.

      Jarod,
      I'm sorry for your disappointment.
      If you haven't already done it please read the reply I've already given you in msg #18996

      Regards,
      Nico / IV3NWV
    • Dominique Kremp
      Message 2 of 17 , Dec 1, 2012

        Hi all,

        I don't find any perseusvrlog.txt file in the V4.0c beta Perseus folder like the one in the previous version V4.0b ...

        It was very useful indeed to see who connected to one's server.

        Did I fail the installation ?

        Thanks for any explanation

        Dominique

        Normandy, France

      • Hubert Bollhalder
        Message 3 of 17 , Dec 2, 2012

        Dear Dominique

        On my remote-PC (server version 4.0c 1b) the log-file is doing the job like in version 4.0b

        with no difference.

        (My remote setup: Win7 64bit, professional)

        73, Hubert

      • Dominique Kremp
        Message 4 of 17 , Dec 2, 2012

          Thanks Hubert for replying.

          Very strange indeed, why don't I find this log file after installing the last version ???

          Anyway I fixed the problem and it works correctly now: I copied the missing file from the V4.0b version into the V4.0c beta1 folder and that was it !

          Have a nice night

          Dominique

          [Attachment(s) from Hubert Bollhalder included below]

          Dear Dominique

          On my remote-PC (server version 4.0c 1b) the log-file is doing the job like in version 4.0b

          with no difference.

          (My remote setup: Win7 64bit, professional)

          73, Hubert

          Attachment(s) from Hubert Bollhalder

          1 of 1 Photo(s)

        • Peter
          Message 5 of 17 , Dec 7, 2012
            Hello

            Thanks for new version of the software, i found it working good. But BobCat isn't working with this new version. When i try to synk with BobCat i get an error message like this, Perseus is off. Please, start it!

            Regards
            Peter J

            --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "alx_mtc" <alessio.miani@...> wrote:

            > Hello to all,
            >
            > A new beta Perseus version is now available.
            > Here is the download link:
            >
            > http://microtelecom.it/perseus/Perseusv40c_b1.zip
            >
            > These are the main differences with the 4.0b stable release, plus the reported bugfixes.
            >

            > Client
            >
            > -Support for Windows 8.
            >
            > -The servers map is no longer integrated in the Perseus software (when clicking on the "Show Map" button, a default browser window will open). The link between the map and the Perseus software is done by a tool (included in the package) called mttps.exe. During the first run, administrative privileges are required to properly register the MTTP protocol.
            >
            > -mttps.exe does no longer need the MS Redistributable libraries to run.
            >
            > -Buttons font rendering was modified to address some users that reported "blocky" or hardly readable labels on some buttons.
            >
            > -Audio Delay: this new feature inserts a configurable delay in the DSP chain, please refer to the release notes (included in the package) for more information about it.
            >
            > -FM Deemphasis: enabled while using the FM demodulator. The de-emphasis time constant (50-300 us) is user adjustable from the software Settings window.
            >
            > -Reversed RTTY and CW settings are now saved in the registry and restored at startup.
            >
            > -Notch filter stays enabled after stop and re-start while playing a recorded file.
            >
            > -Default connection timeout when trying to reach offline servers is now 5 seconds.
            >
            > -Setting a negative offset is now allowed in "Set Filter Bandwidth" command through CI-V.
            >
            > -When audio output is muted, changing demodulator does not re-enable it.
            >

            > Server
            >
            > -Support for Windows 8.
            >
            > -Support for the delay feature
            >
            > -Restarting the server is no longer needed after a DNS change
            >
            > -Blacklist support: using a text file (as explained in the release notes) it is
            > possible to reject connections from an IP address or family of IP addresses
            > (server software settings has a new section).
            >

            > Note: due to a change in the protection algorithms needed to support Windows 8, some users may be unable to use their down-converter license (a few digits might change). In this case, contact me via email.
            >

            > Enjoy this new release!
            > The Microtelecom Development Team

          • alx_mtc
            Message 6 of 17 , Dec 8, 2012
              BobCAT checks if a window named "Perseus" is running. From version 4.0c we needed to add a # followed by the istance number.
              There could be a workaround until the new BobCAT version is released:
              1) start 4.0c
              2) start 4.0b (hardware and com port already taken by 4.0c) - minimize this window
              3) start BobCAT

              Regards,
              Alessio

              Message 7 of 17 , Dec 8, 2012
                Hello

                Thanks Alessio, the workaround works well for now.

                73

              • Guido Schotmans
                Message 8 of 17 , Dec 8, 2012
                  Hello Alessio,

                  Just noticed that the user, eibi and hfcc lists are still not yet loaded when using a server by starting from the map without a Perseus instance open before.

                  73,

                  Guido.
                • alx_mtc
                  Message 9 of 17 , Dec 10, 2012
                    Thanks for reporting this, the fix will be included in 4.0c final.
                    Alessio

                    --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "Guido Schotmans" <guidoschotmans@...> wrote:

                    > Hello Alessio,
                    >
                    > Just noticed that the user, eibi and hfcc lists are still not yet loaded
                    > when using a server by starting from the map without a Perseus instance open
                    > before.
                    >
                    > 73,
                    >
                    > Guido.

                  • Mauno Ritola