RE: [perseus_SDR] mttps.exe

  • Guido Schotmans
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 5, 2012
      Hello Jerry,

      Have you put Perseus in the Program files directory?
      Don't do that. Make a folder directly in the root. Another solution might be to switch of all those stupid W7 security settings.

      73,

      Guido.

      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 5, 2012
        Stay away from Dell. They have horrible power supplies.

        Guido.

        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 5, 2012
          When I first tried the new 4.0C I got a warning from Perseus saying "Could not access mttps.exe" when launching the software.
          When trying to start mttps.exe separately Win7 says "It is impossible to start the program because its side by side configuration is wrong. Check the Event-log or use the commanding tool sxstrace.exe for more information.

          Acc to Alberto, I2PHD, this is a typical error message caused by the absence of the redistributable runtime libraries.

          Roberto Zinelli (IW4ENS) came up with the solution, you must install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package which solves the problem. Perseus then starts normally.
          Visual C++ 2005 or 2010 does not solve this issue. I believe those files will not be needed in the final vesion.

          Visual C++ 2008 is a small file and you must download the correct one for 32 bit or 64 bit system.

          73
          Thomas Nilsson

          --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry" <jlstrawman@...> wrote:

          > Today I moved to a new laptop and to Windows 7 from XP. I started with software 4.0b, and all works fine. When I updated to 4.0c I started getting a pop-up to the effect that mttps.exe could not be accessed.
          > This application was clearly in the Perseus software folder.
          >
          > Can anyone tell me what this application does, and why I am getting the pop-ups? How to fix? Perseus receiver seems to run fine despite the pop up. Temporarily, I went back to 4.0b. There is not such app in 4.0c.
          >
          > Thanks,
          >

          > Jerry

        • David Onley
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 6, 2012
            Hi Thomas

            Nice tip. Worked well on my PC. Thanks.

            73
            Dave
          • Jerry
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 6, 2012
              Actuaklly was a laptop I already had, a Lenovo Think Pad T-61.

              Jerry

              --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "Allan" <allan.helm@...> wrote:

              > May I ask what laptop modell you bought? I am in the process of getting a new PC for my Perseus so it is of interest to get info on all laptops that work with Perseus. Thanks in advance!
              > 73
              > Allan
              >
              > --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry" <jlstrawman@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Today I moved to a new laptop and to Windows 7 from XP. I started with software 4.0b, and all works fine. When I updated to 4.0c I started getting a pop-up to the effect that mttps.exe could not be accessed.
              > > This application was clearly in the Perseus software folder.
              > >
              > > Can anyone tell me what this application does, and why I am getting the pop-ups? How to fix? Perseus receiver seems to run fine despite the pop up. Temporarily, I went back to 4.0b. There is not such app in 4.0c.
              > >
              > > Thanks,
              > >

              > > Jerry

            • Jerry
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 6, 2012
                A big thanks to you Thomas, for your expert advice. Problem is solved here.

                Jerry

                --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas Nilsson" <thomas.nilsson@...> wrote:

                > When I first tried the new 4.0C I got a warning from Perseus saying "Could not access mttps.exe" when launching the software.
                > When trying to start mttps.exe separately Win7 says "It is impossible to start the program because its side by side configuration is wrong. Check the Event-log or use the commanding tool sxstrace.exe for more information.
                >
                > Acc to Alberto, I2PHD, this is a typical error message caused by the absence of the redistributable runtime libraries.
                >
                > Roberto Zinelli (IW4ENS) came up with the solution, you must install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package which solves the problem. Perseus then starts normally.
                > Visual C++ 2005 or 2010 does not solve this issue. I believe those files will not be needed in the final vesion.
                >
                > Visual C++ 2008 is a small file and you must download the correct one for 32 bit or 64 bit system.
                >
                > 73
                > Thomas Nilsson
                >

                > --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry" <jlstrawman@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Today I moved to a new laptop and to Windows 7 from XP. I started with software 4.0b, and all works fine. When I updated to 4.0c I started getting a pop-up to the effect that mttps.exe could not be accessed.
                > > This application was clearly in the Perseus software folder.
                > >
                > > Can anyone tell me what this application does, and why I am getting the pop-ups? How to fix? Perseus receiver seems to run fine despite the pop up. Temporarily, I went back to 4.0b. There is not such app in 4.0c.
                > >
                > > Thanks,
                > >

                > > Jerry

              • Jerry
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 6, 2012
                  I can also vouch for Guido's advice. My Dell supply was very noisy. I replaced it with a linear supply from an old Zip drive + wrapped the power lead through three stacked mix 31 toroids, for as many turns as there was room for. Almost all noise is now gone.

                  Jerry