Re: Perseus Driver lost during Win 8 Migration

  • Willi
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 31 1:35 PM
      Hello all,

      yesterday I have updated to W8 and now I cannot start my Perseus anymore. I get a pop with following content:

      "An internal exception occured (Adress:0x0)"

      I have already tried a re-installation, but no success.

      Interesting enough: My Perseus works fine with FM+.

      Can anyone please help.

      vy 73
      Willi

      --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "portman42" <portman42@...> wrote:

      > I'll let you know when I am in Karlsruhe, but I have to visit Malmo first!!!
      >
      > --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "klausbaerwald" <klaus-ruediger@> wrote:
      > >

      > > Hello Dave
      > >
      > > so, if you then travel from Malmo to Germany you are invited for some more beer in Karlsruhe (we also have good wine here araound)!
      > >
      > > The solution works perfectly: not only for the installation of the USB drivers but also for the null-modem emulator (com0com) installs. I use this emulator for connecting the Perseus sw to Ham Radio Deluxe.
      > >
      > > vy 73 de Klaus, DL6KCU
      > >
      > > --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, Dave Porter <portman42@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > How to install Perseus drivers on Windows 8
      > > >
      > > > 1. Windows Key + R
      > > > 2. Enter shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
      > > > 3. Click the "OK" button
      > > > 4. System will restart to a "Choose an option" screen
      > > > 5. Select "Troubleshoot" from "Choose an option" screen
      > > > 6. Select "Advanced options" from "Troubleshoot" screen
      > > > 7. Select "Windows Startup Settings" from "Advanced options" screen
      > > > 8. Click "Restart" button
      > > > 9. System will restart to "Advanced Boot Options" screen
      > > > 10. Select "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement"
      > > > 11. Once the system starts, install the drivers
      > > >

      > > > Hope this helps....

    • Horst Jelen
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 1, 2012
        Same problem here with Windows 8 pro. I think it is not a problem of the
        USB-driver. HDSDR and CW-Skimmer are running fine.

        Horst
      • alx_mtc
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 1, 2012
          Windows 8 compatibility will probably require a new build.
          We are still working on it.

          --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "Horst Jelen" <horst.jelen@...> wrote:

          > Same problem here with Windows 8 pro. I think it is not a problem of the
          > USB-driver. HDSDR and CW-Skimmer are running fine.
          >
          > Horst

        • Ron
          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 2, 2012
            Alex, I appreciate the effort to resolve the W8 problem, but did you tested the sofware compatiblity with the préreleases offered by Microsoft specially for testing to avoid such problems as they present themselfs now.

            I will upgrade one of my notebooks this weekend with W8pro and see if my Radiojet 1102S and Studio 1 will keep running.

            Sorry, to be a grumpy old man, nu pun intended ;-)

            Good luck with resolving the problems.

            Ciao, Ron
            ON2RON