No overnight recording thanks to recurring Perseus glitch

  • John Faulkner, Skegness
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 31, 2012
      It's not the first time it's happened: I put Perseus on overnight record
      and looked at the computer this morning to discover that Perseus had
      switched the Input Select to "Network", all by itself. Why does this
      keep happening?

      Two windows had appeared: "Network Messages" and a box for "Network
      Settings".

      So I only recorded up to 00:30.

      Disappointed as this was the best night of the season so far.

      John
    • Guido Schotmans
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 31, 2012
        Use Mestor. It doesn't need the Perseus software to run and is rock steady !

        73,

        Guido.

        It's not the first time it's happened: I put Perseus on overnight record
        and looked at the computer this morning to discover that Perseus had
        switched the Input Select to "Network", all by itself. Why does this
        keep happening?

        Two windows had appeared: "Network Messages" and a box for "Network
        Settings".

        So I only recorded up to 00:30.

        Disappointed as this was the best night of the season so far.

        John

        Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
        Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com
        Versie: 2013.0.2742 / Virusdatabase: 2617/5863 - datum van uitgifte: 10/30/12

      • Rein Faber
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 31, 2012
          John,

          As Guido said, use Mestor: http://peditio.net/utility/softat/Mestor.zip
          I'm using it for more than a year now and it never let me down.

          73

          Rein.
        • John Faulkner - Skegness
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 31, 2012
            Thank you very much Guido and Rein.

            I have downloaded Mestor and given it a trial run. It seems to work perfectly so far. It seems very straight forward too. Hopefully this will solve my problem.

            Thanks again and best wishes.

            John

            --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, Rein Faber <faber99@...> wrote:

            > John,
            >
            > As Guido said, use Mestor: http://peditio.net/utility/softat/Mestor.zip
            > I'm using it for more than a year now and it never let me down.
            >
            > 73
            >
            > Rein.

          • alx_mtc
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 1, 2012
              Did you start recording manually and Perseus switched to network on its own?

              --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "John Faulkner, Skegness" <john.faulkner@...> wrote:

              > It's not the first time it's happened: I put Perseus on overnight record
              > and looked at the computer this morning to discover that Perseus had
              > switched the Input Select to "Network", all by itself. Why does this
              > keep happening?
              >
              > Two windows had appeared: "Network Messages" and a box for "Network
              > Settings".
              >
              > So I only recorded up to 00:30.
              >
              > Disappointed as this was the best night of the season so far.
              >
              > John

            • Ron
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 2, 2012
                Alex, I appreciate the effort to resolve the W8 problem, but did you tested the sofware compatiblity with the préreleases offered by Microsoft specially for testing to avoid such problems as they present themselfs now.

                I will upgrade one of my notebooks this weekend with W8pro and see if my Radiojet 1102S and Studio 1 will keep running.

                Sorry, to be a grumpy old man, nu pun intended ;-)

                Good luck with resolving the problems.

                Ciao, Ron
                ON2RON

                > Did you start recording manually and Perseus switched to network on its own?
                >

                > --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "John Faulkner, Skegness" <john.faulkner@> wrote:
                > >
                > > It's not the first time it's happened: I put Perseus on overnight record
                > > and looked at the computer this morning to discover that Perseus had
                > > switched the Input Select to "Network", all by itself. Why does this
                > > keep happening?
                > >
                > > Two windows had appeared: "Network Messages" and a box for "Network
                > > Settings".
                > >
                > > So I only recorded up to 00:30.
                > >
                > > Disappointed as this was the best night of the season so far.
                > >
                > > John

              • Ron
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 2, 2012
                  Sorry, i posted in the wrong topic.