Re: [perseus_SDR] Re: Perseus 4.0c (Beta Release)

  • clement F59465
    Message 1 of 81 , Sep 26, 2012
    • 1 Attachment
    • 206 KB
    hello to all,

    Here is the result on my Windows 7 with 1600 x 900 resolution.

    greeting
    F59465 Clem

    2012/9/26 alx_mtc <alessio.miani@...>

    You can try installing the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable and/or right clicking on mttps.exe, clicking on Properties and removing the checkmark on the line about a "block" as the file is coming from another computer.

    --
    Cordialement
    F59465 Clement

  • Mark Clark
    Message 81 of 81 , Nov 3, 2013
      Have you tried wrapping the input and output cables from the laptop power supply with toroid chokes?  I've had good success quieting PC noise that way for many years.

      73, Mark N3IRJ

      On 9/4/13 2:47 PM, N9OVQ wrote:

      And just to complicate matters further ... I use an HP Pavilion g series
      laptop. It is whisper quiet at my primary QTH, where my Wellbrook loop
      is mounted 35 feet from the house and everything in the shack is
      grounded. At my condo in Chicago, however, the same laptop is noisy,
      although I am using a third-party power supply and the Wellbrook loop is
      installed only 8-feet away from the building. Fortunately, the noise
      disappears when I run the laptop on batteries, so that is how I use the
      Perseus when I DX from downtown Chicago.

      --
      Mike Nikolich - N9OVQ
      N9OVQ@...

      Mark N3IRJ
      Reinholds, PA

      Perseus SDR/G5RV/Wellbrook Loop/Mestor for unattended recordings