Re: [perseus_SDR] Trojan in Perseus demo file?

  • M Clark
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 31, 2012

      I agree.  I had the same problem with AVG flagging the Perseus executable as having a trojan.  Quite curious considering it had been on my system for quite some time.  I submitted to virustotal and got a reasonably clean bill of health.  Most importantly, I trust Microtelecom so I flagged the exe as trusted and haven't had a problem since.

      No AV is perfect and there are always going to be some false positives.

      Cheers,

      Mark N3IRJ

      On Jul 31, 2012 1:00 PM, "Alberto I2PHD" <i2phd@...> wrote:

      On 7/31/2012 9:12 AM, Partha Sarathi Goswami Siliguri, West Bengal, India wrote:
      But from my last 12-13 years experience I learned no antivirus (even premium priced ones) are complete
      enough as there is always some virus which your AV software don't cover!

      When I have some doubts, I send the suspicious executable to this site
      http://www.virustotal.com
      There the file is analyzed by about 40 different antivirus programs, all kept up to date, and the results
      are sent back to you in a couple of minutes.  You will receive practically always some positive reports,
      the important is to interpret the results with a grain of salt....

      --
      73 Alberto I2PHD