Re: Perseus Servers Directory Up Again

  • Ron
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 8, 2012
      Thanks Günter and Nico for solving the server issue.

      73' Ron
      ON2RON - DXA64
      JO21EC
    • Mauno Ritola
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 16, 2012
        7.6.2012 2:40, iv3nwv kirjoitti:

        Thanks to Günter Lorenz who offered to run our directory server software on his network, the Perseus Servers Map is again online and accessible to the clients.

        I wish to thank him publicly as he spent a couple of days of his time along with his network administrators to let all the Perseus users benefit a real time backup service whenever our servers can't be reached, something which unfortunately occurs quite frequently here as we live in an area which still suffers the "digital divide".

        As the Perseus server software were not thought to cope with backup directory servers I suggest that you restart them if you whenever you don't see them on the Servers Map.

        The next server software version Alessio and me are working to will handle the issue automatically so that any switch-over will be completely transparent and there will be no need to restart the servers if we need to move the directory service from one provider to the other.

        That's good, because now many servers, esp. in Japan haven't reappeared for use after the breaks.

        73, Mauno

        73s
        Nico / IV3NWV