Perseus.exe 10f wont replay recorded files

  • Matthias Zwoch
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2008
      Now it hit mee too. After few works on the software (Perseus.exe crashed
      because I had downloaded a new EIBI list in a bad format) I had
      installed the Perseus 1.0f Version instead my old 1.0 which I forgot to
      update until yet. Last night I recorded some hours of NAVTEQ traffic 490
      and 518 with 200 kHz width and tried to replay this today.
      The result: Replay was completely impossible with 1.0f. I can record up
      to 800 MHz width with this version without any problems. I can replay
      the NAVTEQ recording with Winrad without any problems. I can play it
      with the old Persues 1.0 with a low CPU load about 25% at 200 kHz
      mostly without problems. *) Trying this with 1.0f the playback starts
      (without any loadpeak) and stops immediately.
      CPU is a single core 2,2 GHz Celeron 420 on a K45 Shuttle (which I
      bought especially for the Perseus). This is definitively not a load
      problem. The Perseus software is the one and only load on this machine.

      *) Sometime in perseus.exe 1.0 it happens that in mid of replaying a
      recording the NF disappears and the program starts to whistle like a
      overdriven microphone. Boths diagrams have only equally spread lines
      then. All these files can be replayed with Winrad.

      Another issue of all versions of Perseus.exe is, that the program
      terminates correctly if the exit-Button (X) in the right upper corner is
      clicked with the mouse. If one hits ALT-F4 the window is closed but the
      Perseus.exe works still as a zombie.

      73 de Matthias