Re: [perseus_SDR] Re: Bad characters on Perseus Panel

  • Karel Honzík
    Message 1 of 12 , May 5, 2012
    Hi, I do not like to give up this investigation around the bad font on button captions. I came over to another stage and I collected pictures of buttons from different versions and editions of Windows (see attachment).

    I would like to ask members of this mailist to confirm or disagree what can be seen on pictures compared to their own display. You can send your comment privately to me if you think that such things would overload this mailist too much.

    One thing occured to me while thinking about fonts. Maybe the problem is in the name of the font used for button captions. When, for example, the program is calling ARIAL and certain Windows 7 localization or edition uses ARIALCE (ARIAL CE) [CE = Central Europe], then the ARIAL font is not found and the System font is used as a substitute. But it is not possible to take a look inside the program itself to see what is actually happening there...

    I would like to ask Nico Palermo to make his comment too. Thank you.

    73,
    Karel Honzik, CZE

    Message 2 of 12 , May 13, 2012
      Yes Win7 professional is my font problem, the font's are to big

    • randy.leveque
      Message 3 of 12 , May 28, 2012
        With Studio 1 out will the default program still get
        improvements, I will probably stay with the default
        for many reason's but I do hope the font problem
        gets fix

        --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "randy.leveque" <randy.leveque@...> wrote:

        > Yes Win7 professional is my font problem, the font's are to big
        >
        > --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, Karel Honzík <karel-honzik@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi, I do not like to give up this investigation around the bad font on button captions. I came over to another stage and I collected pictures of buttons from different versions and editions of Windows (see attachment).
        > >
        > > I would like to ask members of this mailist to confirm or disagree what can be seen on pictures compared to their own display. You can send your comment privately to me if you think that such things would overload this mailist too much.
        > >
        > > One thing occured to me while thinking about fonts. Maybe the problem is in the name of the font used for button captions. When, for example, the program is calling ARIAL and certain Windows 7 localization or edition uses ARIALCE (ARIAL CE) [CE = Central Europe], then the ARIAL font is not found and the System font is used as a substitute. But it is not possible to take a look inside the program itself to see what is actually happening there...
        > >
        > > I would like to ask Nico Palermo to make his comment too. Thank you.
        > >
        > > 73,
        > > Karel Honzik, CZE

      • Ron
        Message 4 of 12 , May 29, 2012
          Randy,

          Nico wrote us that there will be no more development of the original perseus software. Studio1 seems to be the (succesor) for the perseus and includes support for many other SDR brands.

          Take a look at:

          73' Ron
          ON2RON

        • iv3nwv
          Message 5 of 12 , May 29, 2012
            --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "Ron" <on2ron@...> wrote:

            > Nico wrote us that there will be no more development of the original perseus software. Studio1 seems to be the (succesor) for the perseus and includes support for many other SDR brands.

            There must be a misunderstandig, Ron.

            Read again msg #18122 on this group.

            By the way what pointed out by Karel has already been fixed and will be available as soon as a new Perseus software version will be published on our web site.

            73s
            Nico / IV3NWV
          • José Alves
            Message 6 of 12 , May 29, 2012

              Glad to read that Nico, even if I ( probabily) will buy Studio 1.

              73’s

              Jose Alves

              Enviada: terça-feira, 29 de Maio de 2012 11:55
              Para: perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com
              Assunto: [perseus_SDR] Re: Bad characters on Perseus Panel