Perseus software won't start anymore

  • Dan Ferguson
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2012
      Running Win 7. Latest Perseus software has run fine since shortly after
      it was released. Ran OK earlier today. Now, this evening, it will not
      start. Win7 says it's a "Problem signature". Still runs OK on the
      other machine, also Win7. Anyone else had this experience?

      Dan

      - - - - - - -

      Dan Ferguson
      North American Shortwave Assn: http://www.naswa.net
      A12 Combined SWBC skeds last updated Apr 1 at 1700 GMT.
      http://www.hfskeds.com/skeds/
      Live swbc dx chat: #swl on Starchat.net IRC

      "Nullius in verba."
    • Dan Ferguson
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 2, 2012
        BTW, I should note that I was already running Win7 in TEST MODE. It's
        been working for months and suddenly stopped. Works fine on Win7 the
        laptop in normal mode. Any thoughts appreciated.

        Regards,

        Dan

        On 4/1/2012 8:27 PM, Dan Ferguson wrote:
        > Running Win 7. Latest Perseus software has run fine since shortly after
        > it was released. Ran OK earlier today. Now, this evening, it will not
        > start. Win7 says it's a "Problem signature". Still runs OK on the
        > other machine, also Win7. Anyone else had this experience?
        >

        > Dan
        >

        > - - - - - - -
        >
        > Dan Ferguson
        > North American Shortwave Assn: http://www.naswa.net
        > A12 Combined SWBC skeds last updated Apr 1 at 1700 GMT.
        > http://www.hfskeds.com/skeds/
        > Live swbc dx chat: #swl on Starchat.net IRC
        >
        > "Nullius in verba."

      • Werner Karn

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 2, 2012
            That's what I'm running, test mode build 7601. It's run fine for 1-1/2
            years and suddenly Win7 won't let it start, saying

            Problem signature:
            Problem Event Name: BEX
            Application Name: perseus.exe

            etc.

            Dan

            On 4/2/2012 5:22 PM, Werner Karn wrote:

            > Dan,
            >
            > I have one version running in W7 test mode build 7601 and no problem.
            >
            > 73,
            >
            > Werner
            >
            > 2012/4/2 Dan Ferguson <shortwave@...
            > <mailto:shortwave@...>>
            >
            > Running Win 7. Latest Perseus software has run fine since shortly
            > after
            > it was released. Ran OK earlier today. Now, this evening, it will not
            > start. Win7 says it's a "Problem signature". Still runs OK on the
            > other machine, also Win7. Anyone else had this experience?
            >
            > Dan
            >
            > - - - - - - -
            >
            > Dan Ferguson
            > North American Shortwave Assn: http://www.naswa.net
            > A12 Combined SWBC skeds last updated Apr 1 at 1700 GMT.
            > http://www.hfskeds.com/skeds/
            > Live swbc dx chat: #swl on Starchat.net IRC
            >
            > "Nullius in verba."

          • Keith
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 2, 2012
              Same here.

              Keith McGinnis
              Hingham MA

              On 4/2/2012 5:22 PM, Werner Karn wrote:
              > Dan,
              >
              > I have one version running in W7 test mode build 7601 and no problem.
              >
              > 73,
              >
              > Werner
              >
              > 2012/4/2 Dan Ferguson<shortwave@...>
              >
              >> **
              >>

              >> Running Win 7. Latest Perseus software has run fine since shortly after
              >> it was released. Ran OK earlier today. Now, this evening, it will not
              >> start. Win7 says it's a "Problem signature". Still runs OK on the
              >> other machine, also Win7. Anyone else had this experience?
              >>
              >> Dan
              >>
              >> - - - - - - -
              >>
              >> Dan Ferguson
              >> North American Shortwave Assn: http://www.naswa.net
              >> A12 Combined SWBC skeds last updated Apr 1 at 1700 GMT.
              >> http://www.hfskeds.com/skeds/
              >> Live swbc dx chat: #swl on Starchat.net IRC
              >>
              >> "Nullius in verba."

            • Dan Ferguson
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 4, 2012
                And since last evening it's working again. I still have no idea why it
                quit, and now no idea why it's working again.

                Dan

                On 4/2/2012 5:51 PM, Dan Ferguson wrote:
                > That's what I'm running, test mode build 7601. It's run fine for 1-1/2
                > years and suddenly Win7 won't let it start, saying
                >
                > Problem signature:
                > Problem Event Name: BEX
                > Application Name: perseus.exe
                >
                > etc.
                >

                > Dan
                >

                > On 4/2/2012 5:22 PM, Werner Karn wrote:
                >>
                >> Dan,
                >>
                >> I have one version running in W7 test mode build 7601 and no problem.
                >>
                >> 73,
                >>
                >> Werner
                >>
                >> 2012/4/2 Dan Ferguson<shortwave@...
                >> <mailto:shortwave@...>>
                >>
                >> Running Win 7. Latest Perseus software has run fine since shortly
                >> after
                >> it was released. Ran OK earlier today. Now, this evening, it will not
                >> start. Win7 says it's a "Problem signature". Still runs OK on the
                >> other machine, also Win7. Anyone else had this experience?
                >>
                >> Dan

              • Koichi Hashimoto