noise (maybe off topic)

  • Christoph Mayer
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 22, 2012
    Hi all,

    I am experiencing various kinds of noise on VLF-HF. One kind of noise is pulsed and wide-band. It is audible from VLF up to ca. 6 MHz.
    A screenshot is attached, see the region between 55 and 85 kHz.

    Has anyone come across this before?

    Best regards
    Christoph
  • Werner Karn
    Message 2 of 2 , Mar 22, 2012
      Hi Christoph,

      if in VLF 55 to 85 kHz it's likely switchmode power supply noise ( plus multiple harmonics ). You can use HFSpan and walking around with a small wire loop antenna to detect the source of radiation.
      73,

      Werner

      [Attachment(s) from Christoph Mayer included below]