Re: [Linrad] Re: MAP65 2.0 r488

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 9, 2012
    ----- Original Message -----
    From: "Leif Asbrink"
    Sent: Friday, March 09, 2012 4:06 AM
    Subject: [Linrad] Re: MAP65 2.0 r488

    > Hi Dave,
    >
    >> I decided to give Linrad a go but no matter what I do, the screen says
    >> "SDR-IQ" in red at the top of the screen. I also tried downloading
    >> MAP65-IQ, but that needs Linrad to interface to the Perseus as well, so
    >> I'm
    >> stumped until I can figure out how to tell Linrad and/or MAP65 to
    >> recognise
    >> the Perseus.
    >
    > Linrad can be used with a wide range of hardwares. You have probably
    > installed someone elses parameter files so you were not forced into
    > the setup routine becaus Linrad already knows (from the parameter
    > files) that you are using an SDR-IQ.
    >
    > To resolve the problem you must press "U=A/D and D/A setup for RX"
    > In the U menu you will have to select "A=Change input settings..."
    > Then select Perseus from the list.
    >
    > Probably you also should press "B" to set the output for your
    > own hardware.
    >
    > Others who actually run MAP65 with Linrad/Perseus might
    > give more detailed info.

    Sorry if I was more grumpy than I usually am yesterday, not being very well
    and frustration at seeming to get nowhere got to me.

    I have made some progress, but only limited progress...

    I can now get to the page where Linrad rcognises that the Perseus exists,
    but it doesn't seem to be communicating fully as it doesn't recognise its
    serial number. See 1st screen shot attached (I hope, if not I'll put them in
    the files section of the Linrad forum).

    It then let me do the 'A' and 'B' set up but stopped after setting them up
    and seemed to be doing nothing more, see second screen shot attached.

    So I'm still not sure what I'm dioing but it obviously ins't the right thing
    as yet.

    Dave (G0DJA)