WAV-File Midnight in Central Europe 100-2100 KHz

  • peeraxel
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 1, 2012
      Happy New Year to everyone. If you like to go through that dividing moment again and again you can listen to the WAV file which I've recorded with the Perseus Record Scheduler here in Handewitt, North Germany last night at 2259 UTC. It took me a bit by surprise that all the countdowns do not appear simultanously. Midnight is at...

      162 FI    22:59:51 UTC
      177 DLR     ...47
      183 Europe1 52
      198 BBC     50
      198 Mayak   53
      216 RMC    59
      236 RTL    49
      567 Rossii  53
      576 SWR     47
      720 WDR2    49
      792 F Info    51
      801 BR    49

      My own PC clock is set to be synchronized with time.window.com over the internet. Even some pirates appear between 1620 and 1700 KHz. But they don't say a word. A few automatized stations like 10 Gold on 828 do not take notice of midnight at all.

      The upload has just started. I expect it to be finished around 5.00 UTC. It's 2 minutes, 2MS/S and 937 MB. Unfortunately a relatively high noise level. The link to the folder:

      http://www.4shared.com/folder/oHsVqx6Z/Perseus_WAV.html

      73
      Peer-Axel, DL2LBP
    • Tim Bucknall
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 2, 2012
        Thanks Peer-Axel,
        i blame automated programming!

        On 01/01/2012, peeraxel <peeraxel@...> wrote:
        > Happy New Year to everyone. If you like to go through that dividing
        > moment again and again you can listen to the WAV file which I've
        > recorded with the Perseus Record Scheduler here in Handewitt, North
        > Germany last night at 2259 UTC. It took me a bit by surprise that all
        > the countdowns do not appear simultanously. Midnight is at...
        >
        > 162 FI 22:59:51 UTC
        > 177 DLR ...47
        > 183 Europe1 52
        > 198 BBC 50
        > 198 Mayak 53
        > 216 RMC 59
        > 236 RTL 49
        > 567 Rossii 53
        > 576 SWR 47
        > 720 WDR2 49
        > 792 F Info 51
        > 801 BR 49
        >
        > My own PC clock is set to be synchronized with time.window.com over the
        > internet. Even some pirates appear between 1620 and 1700 KHz. But they
        > don't say a word. A few automatized stations like 10 Gold on 828 do not
        > take notice of midnight at all.
        >
        > The upload has just started. I expect it to be finished around 5.00 UTC.
        > It's 2 minutes, 2MS/S and 937 MB. Unfortunately a relatively high noise
        > level. The link to the folder:
        >
        > http://www.4shared.com/folder/oHsVqx6Z/Perseus_WAV.html
        > <http://www.4shared.com/folder/oHsVqx6Z/Perseus_WAV.html>
        >
        > 73
        > Peer-Axel, DL2LBP

      • Bill Nollman
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 2, 2012

          Peer-Axel, thank you for sharing that recording. It was a fun 2 minutes! I especially liked the dual signals on 198 with R. Mayak in the background. I really like their Top of Hour chimes.

          Interesting to note that using the Perseus GUI you can only playback from 300-1900kHz even though you recorded a full 2000kHz. I guess you used another recording app such as HDSDR?

          Thanks,

          Bill Nollman

          Farmington, Connecticut, USA.

          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 2, 2012
            Thank you, Peer-Axel for sharing your file. The frequency range in the downloaded file was only from 300 - 1900 kHz, so I could not see 162, 177,183...and so on. Anyway, by chance, I also have recorded with Perseus from the North-Eastern part of Switzerland, city of Wil SG, from midnight minus 2 minutes to midnight plus 2 minutes. Frequency range: 0 - 1600 kHz. Unfortunately, the file size was too large, so I chopped it to midnight plus/minus 30 seconds to get an acceptable file size and upload-time. The file is beeing uploaded now. The link to the file is:
            http://www.4shared.com/account/dir/p0394Cim/_online.html
            and the file name is:
            2011_12_31_23_59_30_until_00_00_30_CET_0_1600_kHz .wav

            I hope the the upload will be successful.

            Enjoy and compare,
            Regards, Herbert from Wil, Switzerland

            --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "peeraxel" <peeraxel@...> wrote:

            > Happy New Year to everyone. If you like to go through that dividing
            > moment again and again you can listen to the WAV file which I've
            > recorded with the Perseus Record Scheduler here in Handewitt, North
            > Germany last night at 2259 UTC. It took me a bit by surprise that all
            > the countdowns do not appear simultanously. Midnight is at...
            >
            > 162 FI 22:59:51 UTC
            > 177 DLR ...47
            > 183 Europe1 52
            > 198 BBC 50
            > 198 Mayak 53
            > 216 RMC 59
            > 236 RTL 49
            > 567 Rossii 53
            > 576 SWR 47
            > 720 WDR2 49
            > 792 F Info 51
            > 801 BR 49
            >
            > My own PC clock is set to be synchronized with time.window.com over the
            > internet. Even some pirates appear between 1620 and 1700 KHz. But they
            > don't say a word. A few automatized stations like 10 Gold on 828 do not
            > take notice of midnight at all.
            >
            > The upload has just started. I expect it to be finished around 5.00 UTC.
            > It's 2 minutes, 2MS/S and 937 MB. Unfortunately a relatively high noise
            > level. The link to the folder:
            >
            > http://www.4shared.com/folder/oHsVqx6Z/Perseus_WAV.html
            > <http://www.4shared.com/folder/oHsVqx6Z/Perseus_WAV.html>
            >
            > 73
            > Peer-Axel, DL2LBP

          • Bill Nollman
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 2, 2012

              Herbert, download and use HDSDR to playback Peer-Axel’s wav file and you will get the complete bandwidth from 100-2100kHz.

              Perseus GUI only allows 1600kHz bandwidth.

              Bill

              Thank you, Peer-Axel for sharing your file. The frequency range in the downloaded file was only from 300 - 1900 kHz, so I could not see 162, 177,183...and so on. Anyway, by chance, I also have recorded with Perseus from the North-Eastern part of Switzerland, city of Wil SG, from midnight minus 2 minutes to midnight plus 2 minutes. Frequency range: 0 - 1600 kHz. Unfortunately, the file size was too large, so I chopped it to midnight plus/minus 30 seconds to get an acceptable file size and upload-time. The file is beeing uploaded now. The link to the file is:
              http://www.4shared.com/account/dir/p0394Cim/_online.html
              and the file name is:
              2011_12_31_23_59_30_until_00_00_30_CET_0_1600_kHz .wav

              I hope the the upload will be successful.

              Enjoy and compare,
              Regards, Herbert from Wil, Switzerland

              --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "peeraxel" <peeraxel@...> wrote:

              > Happy New Year to everyone. If you like to go through that dividing
              > moment again and again you can listen to the WAV file which I've
              > recorded with the Perseus Record Scheduler here in Handewitt, North
              > Germany last night at 2259 UTC. It took me a bit by surprise that all
              > the countdowns do not appear simultanously. Midnight is at...
              >
              > 162 FI 22:59:51 UTC
              > 177 DLR ...47
              > 183 Europe1 52
              > 198 BBC 50
              > 198 Mayak 53
              > 216 RMC 59
              > 236 RTL 49
              > 567 Rossii 53
              > 576 SWR 47
              > 720 WDR2 49
              > 792 F Info 51
              > 801 BR 49
              >
              > My own PC clock is set to be synchronized with time.window.com over the
              > internet. Even some pirates appear between 1620 and 1700 KHz. But they
              > don't say a word. A few automatized stations like 10 Gold on 828 do not
              > take notice of midnight at all.
              >
              > The upload has just started. I expect it to be finished around 5.00 UTC.
              > It's 2 minutes, 2MS/S and 937 MB. Unfortunately a relatively high noise
              > level. The link to the folder:
              >
              > http://www.4shared.com/folder/oHsVqx6Z/Perseus_WAV.html
              > <http://www.4shared.com/folder/oHsVqx6Z/Perseus_WAV.html>
              >
              > 73
              > Peer-Axel, DL2LBP

            • Ikarus1
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 3, 2012
                Thanks, Bill. That was an excellent suggestion

                Herbert

                --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Nollman" <billct97@...> wrote:

                > Herbert, download and use HDSDR to playback Peer-Axel's wav file and you
                > will get the complete bandwidth from 100-2100kHz.
                >
                > Perseus GUI only allows 1600kHz bandwidth.
                >
                > Bill

              • Tim Bucknall
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 3, 2012
                  i could listen to the LW BC stns using the 2008 version of perseus
                  w/ manual entry
                  the Luxembourg effect is really confusing on a few freqs until you realise!
                  549 really had me puzzled for a while

                  is the luxembourg effect more pronounced at solar maximum?

                  i didn't expect 153 to be Romania at your Location Peer-Axel!
                  great countdown on France info. nice tour of european chimes on DLF
                  het against 1449 but couldn't get any audio

                • Jurgen Bartels
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 3, 2012
                    > is the luxembourg effect more pronounced at solar maximum?

                    It's here all the time. There are just too high power tx burning the ionosphere
                    along the path. Go to the uitilities below 140kHz and pick a silent carrier,
                    there you hear the LuxEff signals quite well

                    Jurgen Bartels Suellwarden, N. Germany
                    Antennas hor.: 45-87MHz: 11-ele, FM: 15.11, Band-III:13-ele, UHF:48-ele,
                    MW: 90m bev 220°, 30 x 4m EWE 320° with JB-terminator, Winradio & Perseus
                    http://dx.3sdesign.de/tv_offset_list.htm

                    http://fewo.3sdesign.de - Vacation home: DX right at the Northsea coast
                  • Peer-Axel Kroeske
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 3, 2012
                      The Perseus software can also display the upper and lower ends (LW in this case)  if you keep the left mouse button pressed in the secondary spectrum and then move the mouse. If you want to move fast use 50 KHz bandwidth.

                      73
                      Peer-Axel
                    • peeraxel
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 2, 2013
                        Another year - another recording. I've captured the beginning of 2013 in Central Europe. The file is in my folder:

                        http://www.4shared.com/folder/oHsVqx6Z/Perseus_WAV.html

                        31.12.2012, 2259-2301 UTC, 110-1110 UTC, recorded in Handewitt, North Germany with an ALA 1530S in W/E direction (110/290°). 937 MB. We had strong winds and rain, so the noise level is over average but still ok. Registration at 4shared is free.

                        Again, radio stations did not announce midnight simultanously. A few examples:

                        22:59
                        :52    234 RTL, 183 Europe 1, 225 PR, Murski Val 648
                        :53    Fr.Inter 162, Fr. Info 603, RTBF 621
                        :54    DLF 207, DLR 177
                        :56    Fr. Bleu 1278
                        :57    RTA 252, Rossii 171
                        :58    Mayak 198