Re: 2 Perseusserver on one PC?

  • alx_mtc
    Message 1 of 26 , Jan 1, 2012
      You can create a batch file to run the two servers.
      Registry settings are read on startup and saved when you close the program.
      Here's a quick list to follow to accomplish this:
      1) start server, set it up as you need it for the first Perseus, close the server
      2) run regedit and export the perseussvr/1.0b registry folder to a file, give it a name (e.g. setup1.reg)
      3) repeat steps 1 and 2 with the setup for the second server.
      4) create two .BAT files like this:
      regedit /s setup1.reg
      perseussvr.exe

      Put all .BAT and .REG files in the perseussvr folder and you are done!
      If you need further help, I will help after we are done with our vacation.

      Regards
      Alessio

      --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "bwiesgickl" <wiesgickl@...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > we are running 2 Perseusserver on 1 PC at DL0AO with the following problem: There is only one registry entry for both Perseus. After a reboot (i. e. after a power fail) both Perseus are started with the same settings which means only the first one will be shown on the map and active as its used port blocks the second Perseus. I have then to change the port (and the other parameters) manually for the second Perseus via remote access.
      > Is there any possibility to start both Pereus with their needed configuration automatically?
      >
      > Thanks for any help
      >
      > 73, de Bernd, DF9RB

    • monitor
      Message 2 of 26 , Jan 1, 2012
        Another technique is to run one rx on 40a and the other on 40b
        software. Audio separation is not possible in either setup as far as I
        can determine. With the two version setup, you can have two unique
        calibration entries, unlike the batch file arrangement.

        best for the new year

        John C.
        __________________________________

        On 1/1/2012 1:58 AM, alx_mtc wrote:
        > You can create a batch file to run the two servers.
        > Registry settings are read on startup and saved when you close the program.
        > Here's a quick list to follow to accomplish this:
        > 1) start server, set it up as you need it for the first Perseus, close the server
        > 2) run regedit and export the perseussvr/1.0b registry folder to a file, give it a name (e.g. setup1.reg)
        > 3) repeat steps 1 and 2 with the setup for the second server.
        > 4) create two .BAT files like this:
        > regedit /s setup1.reg
        > perseussvr.exe
        >
        > Put all .BAT and .REG files in the perseussvr folder and you are done!
        > If you need further help, I will help after we are done with our vacation.
        >
        > Regards
        > Alessio
        >
        > --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "bwiesgickl"<wiesgickl@...> wrote:
        >> Hello,
        >>
        >> we are running 2 Perseusserver on 1 PC at DL0AO with the following problem: There is only one registry entry for both Perseus. After a reboot (i. e. after a power fail) both Perseus are started with the same settings which means only the first one will be shown on the map and active as its used port blocks the second Perseus. I have then to change the port (and the other parameters) manually for the second Perseus via remote access.
        >> Is there any possibility to start both Pereus with their needed configuration automatically?
        >>
        >> Thanks for any help
        >>
        >> 73, de Bernd, DF9RB

        -----
        No virus found in this message.
      • alx_mtc
        Message 3 of 26 , Jan 1, 2012
          If I remembrer it correctly, the AdcRateHz field holds the current calibration setting, so also that is saved in the registry.

          --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, monitor <monitor@...> wrote:

          > Another technique is to run one rx on 40a and the other on 40b
          > software. Audio separation is not possible in either setup as far as I
          > can determine. With the two version setup, you can have two unique
          > calibration entries, unlike the batch file arrangement.
          >
          > best for the new year
          >
          > John C.
          > __________________________________
          >
          > On 1/1/2012 1:58 AM, alx_mtc wrote:
          > > You can create a batch file to run the two servers.
          > > Registry settings are read on startup and saved when you close the program.
          > > Here's a quick list to follow to accomplish this:
          > > 1) start server, set it up as you need it for the first Perseus, close the server
          > > 2) run regedit and export the perseussvr/1.0b registry folder to a file, give it a name (e.g. setup1.reg)
          > > 3) repeat steps 1 and 2 with the setup for the second server.
          > > 4) create two .BAT files like this:
          > > regedit /s setup1.reg
          > > perseussvr.exe
          > >
          > > Put all .BAT and .REG files in the perseussvr folder and you are done!
          > > If you need further help, I will help after we are done with our vacation.
          > >
          > > Regards
          > > Alessio
          > >
          > > --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "bwiesgickl"<wiesgickl@> wrote:
          > >> Hello,
          > >>
          > >> we are running 2 Perseusserver on 1 PC at DL0AO with the following problem: There is only one registry entry for both Perseus. After a reboot (i. e. after a power fail) both Perseus are started with the same settings which means only the first one will be shown on the map and active as its used port blocks the second Perseus. I have then to change the port (and the other parameters) manually for the second Perseus via remote access.
          > >> Is there any possibility to start both Pereus with their needed configuration automatically?
          > >>
          > >> Thanks for any help
          > >>
          > >> 73, de Bernd, DF9RB
          > >>

          > -----
          > No virus found in this message.

        • Larry Ewan
          Message 4 of 26 , Jan 16, 2012
            I'm having a great deal of difficulty getting my Perseus Server set up
            after remodeling the room in the house I use for hobbies.

            I can connect inside my router both on localhost and the private IP, as
            well as listen to any Perseus anywhere, except my own via the public IP.
            Could someone attempt to connect to see if it's working for anyone else.
            67.78.247.54. Thanks.

            Frustrated,
            Larry N9JY
          • Mauno Ritola

              Message 6 of 26 , Jan 16, 2012

                No luck from here. Best guess is when you shut down your Perseus Server PC your internal IP address was (for example) 192.168.1.2. That IP address is assigned dynamically by your internet router. After a certain amount of time (for example while the PC was shutdown) that IP address was put back into the available pool of IP addresses. When you powered back on your Perseus Server PC your IP address was assigned but possibly to a different IP address (for example) 192.168.1.3. When you previously setup your internet router you were required to configure IP port forwarding on port 8014 to the old IP address of 192.168.1.2. This allows people outside your house to have a secure path through your internet router to your Perseus server. If your PC’s IP address has changed to (for example) 192.168.1.3 you must log into your internet router and change the IP address for IP port forwarding. Hopefully if you did this once before you remember how that is done. If not, send off the model type and number of your router to this list and maybe someone can help you through.

                Bill Nollman

                Farmington, CT.

                Message 7 of 26 , Jan 16, 2012
                  Larry, I got a "server is busy" message, so it seems to be recognized.

                  vy 73,
                  Willi

                  http://www.radio-portal.org/sdr.html
                  SDR-Special
                  http://www.4shared.com/dir/5567845/166a39bd/sharing.html
                  Perseus Databases - Third Party Software Guide & more

                  Am 16.01.2012 17:03, schrieb Larry Ewan:
                  > I'm having a great deal of difficulty getting my Perseus Server set up
                  > after remodeling the room in the house I use for hobbies.
                  >
                  > I can connect inside my router both on localhost and the private IP, as
                  > well as listen to any Perseus anywhere, except my own via the public IP.
                  > Could someone attempt to connect to see if it's working for anyone else.
                  > 67.78.247.54. Thanks.
                  >
                  > Frustrated,
                  > Larry N9JY

                • Willi Passmann
                  Message 8 of 26 , Jan 16, 2012
                    Larry, I am currently connected, your server is working fine and it is
                    displayed on the server map, too.

                    vy 73,
                    Willi

                    http://www.radio-portal.org/sdr.html
                    SDR-Special
                    http://www.4shared.com/dir/5567845/166a39bd/sharing.html
                    Perseus Databases - Third Party Software Guide & more

                    Am 16.01.2012 17:03, schrieb Larry Ewan:
                    > I'm having a great deal of difficulty getting my Perseus Server set up
                    > after remodeling the room in the house I use for hobbies.
                    >
                    > I can connect inside my router both on localhost and the private IP, as
                    > well as listen to any Perseus anywhere, except my own via the public IP.
                    > Could someone attempt to connect to see if it's working for anyone else.
                    > 67.78.247.54. Thanks.
                    >
                    > Frustrated,
                    > Larry N9JY

                  • Larry Ewan
                    Message 9 of 26 , Jan 16, 2012
                      Thanks guys,

                      The IP is static, the ports are forwarded and everything looks right.  But it gets stranger.

                      In Perseus Server,  I watched Bill connect, the frequency changed to 198Khz and a varying 120kbps stream started.  Bill was still connected when I got his message.  What you guys got is exactly what I get.  My troubles started when I moved the router into the path.  I suspect it's blocking what it thinks is a UDP flood, but there is no option in the router set up to defeat the setting.  Router is a Linksys E4200.

                      Any further ideas?

                      As I watch, there is another connection from Willi that shows it tuned to 1510000 streaming 141kps…. . . . :-(

                      Larry N9JY

                      From: Bill Nollman <billct97@...>
                      Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 11:13:32 -0500
                      To: <perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com>
                      Subject: RE: [perseus_SDR] Perseus Server Frustration

                      Message 10 of 26 , Jan 16, 2012

                        Are you using a new PC with Windows firewall enabled?

                        If one person could connect but others cannot I’d suspect your ISP might be blocking from certain domain names?

                        Just guessing though.

                        Bill

                        From: Bill Nollman <billct97@...>
                        Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 11:13:32 -0500
                        To: <perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com>

                        Message 11 of 26 , Jan 16, 2012
                          Wow. Now I'm wondering why the varying results.

                          I'll leave it up for a day or so for testing. Let me know of failures.

                          Larry

                          Message 12 of 26 , Jan 16, 2012
                            Firewall is currently disabled for testing.

                            ISP claims they are not blocking anything.

                            Larry

                            Message 13 of 26 , Jan 16, 2012

                              It does act like it is connecting, says so in the status window. I can change frequencies but no audio, no waterfall, nothing that acts like a live radio.

                              I would triple check your current IP address (use ipconfig /all from a DOS/cmd.exe window) and verify that’s what the internet router is configured for.

                              Maybe reboot the router and PC.

                              Message 14 of 26 , Jan 16, 2012
                                All,

                                I'm going to reinstall  the Perseus Software.  That's about all I haven't tried.

                                Will put it back up for testing after I clean the registry and start over.

                                Thanks for the help.

                                Larry

                                From: Bill Nollman <billct97@...>
                                Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 12:01:17 -0500
                                To: <perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com>

                                It does act like it is connecting, says so in the status window. I can change frequencies but no audio, no waterfall, nothing that acts like a live radio.

                                I would triple check your current IP address (use ipconfig /all from a DOS/cmd.exe window) and verify that’s what the internet router is configured for.

                                Maybe reboot the router and PC.

                              • Goran ANDRIC, S55OO
                                Message 15 of 26 , Jan 16, 2012
                                  Try to put for testing purpose your PC in DMZ on your router.

                                  73

                                  Message 16 of 26 , Jan 16, 2012
                                    It is in the DMZ now for a few minutes

                                    From: "Goran ANDRIC, S55OO" <goran.andric@...>
                                    Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 18:11:40 +0100
                                    To: <perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com>

                                    Message 17 of 26 , Jan 16, 2012
                                      Okay folks,
                                      No more time today to work on this so I'm pulling the server down as soon as it's free.  It's certainly not working right so I need time to clean the registry and start over.

                                      Hopefully I get it right soon.

                                      Larry

                                    • Mauno Ritola

                                        Message 19 of 26 , Jan 16, 2012
                                          Mauno,
                                          It seems to work for some and not for others.  I'm really puzzled.   It is almost as if my IP is selectively blocking some connections, but oddly mine does not function.

                                          Larry

                                          Message 20 of 26 , Jan 16, 2012
                                            Maybe something wrong with your client settings?

                                            Mauno

                                          Message 21 of 26 , Jan 16, 2012
                                            I'm considering that option but it's odd it works on ALL Perseii outside the router but won't loop back to mine.

                                            Larry

                                            Message 22 of 26 , Jan 16, 2012
                                              Don't think you can loop-back using public IP (I cannot do this) and the
                                              same router.... i.e. if you can connect with local net 192.xxxx and
                                              others from the outside, I'd say it is working as it should.

                                              Cheers
                                              Lasse SM5GLC
                                              Larry Ewan skrev 2012-01-16 20:43:

                                              > I'm considering that option but it's odd it works on ALL Perseii
                                              > outside the router but won't loop back to mine.
                                              >
                                              > Larry

                                            • Guido Schotmans
                                              Message 23 of 26 , Jan 16, 2012
                                                Hi Larry,

                                                That's something that is occurring here too. I think this is since I have a new modem/router but it could be that my provider is blocking this kind of behaviour.

                                                73,

                                                Guido.

                                                From: Mauno Ritola <Mauno.Ritola@...>
                                                Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 20:08:52 +0200
                                                To: <perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com>

                                                I just listened to it and it seemed to work fine?

                                                Mauno

                                                16.1.2012 19:53, Larry Ewan kirjoitti:

                                                Okay folks,
                                                No more time today to work on this so I'm pulling the server down as soon as it's free.  It's certainly not working right so I need time to clean the registry and start over.

                                                Hopefully I get it right soon.

                                                Larry

                                                Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
                                                Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com
                                                Versie: 10.0.1416 / Virusdatabase: 2109/4146 - datum van uitgifte: 01/16/12

                                              • Larry Ewan
                                                Message 24 of 26 , Jan 16, 2012
                                                  Thanks Lasse. I'm just going to let it run awhile and try it later this
                                                  week from a friend's house.

                                                  Larry

                                                  On 1/16/12 2:49 PM, "Lasse" <lasse.moell@...> wrote:

                                                  >Don't think you can loop-back using public IP (I cannot do this) and the
                                                  >same router.... i.e. if you can connect with local net 192.xxxx and
                                                  >others from the outside, I'd say it is working as it should.
                                                  >
                                                  >Cheers
                                                  >Lasse SM5GLC
                                                  >Larry Ewan skrev 2012-01-16 20:43:
                                                  >>

                                                  >> I'm considering that option but it's odd it works on ALL Perseii
                                                  >> outside the router but won't loop back to mine.
                                                  >>
                                                  >> Larry

                                                • Günter Lorenz
                                                  Message 25 of 26 , Jan 16, 2012
                                                    > Don't think you can loop-back using public IP (I cannot do this) and the
                                                    > same router.... i.e. if you can connect with local net 192.xxxx and
                                                    > others from the outside, I'd say it is working as it should.

                                                    Yes, that's how it is. Why should the router send the packets out to the internet when they can take the shortcut inside your local LAN. My setup is similar: I can only connect to my own server via it's internal IP (192.168...).

                                                    On the issue of some clients around the world not being able to connect - are these all using client UDP port 8014 ?

                                                    73,
                                                    Günter