change of subject

  • pd0psb@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 3, 2011
      Hi,

      Anybody any news on the Gemini receiver?

      (I hereby apologize beforehand for asking ;-)

      73
      Paul
      PD0PSB
    • iv3nwv
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 3, 2011
        Hi, Paul.

        > Anybody any news on the Gemini receiver?

        I'm still mining it from the rocks.
        Within the end of November I should be able to test its clock system (call it the local oscillator), its VHF filters, and other parts that will be implemented first in the "2+" 130/150 MHz down-converter (which should be available for sale at the end of January) so that some very important design choices could be validated in advance.

        Men at work,
        Nico / IV3NWV
      • Lasse
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 4, 2011
          That sounds cool!
          I have been collecting parts for a converter family.. and what came
          first was the name: Per-verter :)

          Knowing it's a tough crowd to please, the trade off from going wideband
          vs. narrow band coverage and dynamic range vs. senistivity will be
          interesting to follow.

          Cheers
          Lasse SM5GLC

        • pd0psb@hotmail.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 4, 2011
            > Hi, Paul.
            >
            > > Anybody any news on the Gemini receiver?
            >
            > I'm still mining it from the rocks.

            I didn't realise you made the FGPA silicium wafers yourself, but that explains :-)

            > Within the end of November I should be able to test its clock system (call it the local oscillator), its VHF filters, and other parts that will be implemented first in the "2+" 130/150 MHz down-converter (which should be available for sale at the end of January)

            That's good news indeed, a very intersting frequency range.

            > Men at work,

            Thanks!

            > Nico / IV3NWV

            Paul PD0PSB