Re: CW and CW-R

  • Jay Bromley
    Message 1 of 131 , Sep 2, 2011

      HI Nico and Dave,

      I did some testing with the IC7700, DXLab, and the Perseus with and without BobCAT and below are the results.  I am using the following gear:

      Perseus V4.0B

      Hareware 1

      DDL version 3.5

      Icom 7700  version 7.21

      I am using DXLab suite with all the latest versions and also Bobcat with version 3.01.  BTW, I got a whole different result without using BobCAT!  I apologize for not testing this sooner!  I didn’t want to screw up my setup, but switching BobCAT was easier than I thought it was going to be.  I tried it before and didn’t get good results, probably before things grew to the point they are now.

      When I point and Click with the Perseus here is what happens when using  BobCAT/Perseus/IC7700/DXlab combo

      Clicking on the Perseus’s RTTY switches to AM on the IC7700

      Clicking on the Perseus’s RTTY-R switches to RTTY on the IC7700

      Clicking on the Perseus’s CW switches to AM on the IC7700

      Clicking on the Perseus’s CW-R switches to CW on the IC7700

      Pushing the IC7700’s RTTY mode button the Perseus switches to RTTY-R

      Pushing the IC7700’s RTTY-r mode button the Perseus switches to RTTY-R

      Pushing the IC7700’s CW mode button the Perseus switches to CW-R

      Pushing the IC7700’s CW-R mode button the Perseus switches to CW-R

      Without using BobCAT and changing Commander’s secondary port CAT protocol from BobCAT to a Icom CAT protocol I get the follow just using the Perseus.

      Pushing the IC7700 RTTY mode button switches the Perseus to RTTY-R

      Pushing the IC7700 RTTY-R mode button switches the Perseus to RTTY

      Pushing the IC7700 CW mode button switches the Perseus to CW-R

      Pushing the IC7700 CW-R mode button switches the Perseus to CW

      Clicking on the Perseus’s RTTY switches to RTTY-R on the IC7700

      Clicking on the Perseus’s RTTY-R switches to RTTY on the IC7700

      Clicking on the Perseus’s CW switches to CW-R on the IC7700

      Clicking on the Perseus’s CW-R switches to CW on the IC7700

      So without using BobCAT I get reverse modes on CW and RTTY.

      As you probably know you don’t need Bobcat to make this all work, but the band mode buttons on BobCAT make this more ham friendly.  However looks like everything is closer to working right without BobCat.  I am not sure if I am using the correct software on the Perseus now?  I just thought I would check my setup again on how things work and maybe it will help someone including me!

      Sorry for the delay I was out of town for a while.

      73 de w5jay/jay..

    • Jay Bromley
      Message 131 of 131 , Nov 3, 2011
        Hi Lasse,
        No you are not a Simpleton and thanks for the help! Just checked the tones
        and they seemed to be matched up. So I will forget the bar over the CW and
        RTTY modes. For some reason I thought the tones were reversed, that what
        you get with no sleep. I assumed wrongly that if you are on CW-R it was
        reverse from the Icom. What was messing me up in the beginning was BobCAT
        after the modes where added so I was really chasing my tail. I had a lot of
        things going on and to sort out.

        So if this is like Harry's I am good to go.

        Thanks Lasse for hanging in there with me!

        73 de w5jay/jay..