Trial expired in only 24 hours

  • cchange454
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2011
      Can I get the trial extended for a few more days? I think I might not have an issue with the 8014 port after all.
    • alx_mtc
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 2011
        The trial period starts the first time you run the software.
        To continue using it you need a Perseus receiver.
        You will agree that if the trial period could be reset, that would break the "trial" meaning.

        There's another underestimated pitfall.
        A user without a Perseus can't act as a server for obvious reasons.
        So, without a trial (i.e. expiring) version, there would be many more clients than servers (this happens, but to a smaller extent), resulting in all servers being always busy.

        Alessio

        --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "cchange454" <cchange454@...> wrote:

        > Can I get the trial extended for a few more days? I think I might not have an issue with the 8014 port after all.

      • David
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 2, 2011
          Op 02-11-11 03:43, cchange454 schreef:
          > Can I get the trial extended for a few more days? I think I might not have an issue with the 8014 port after all.

          Remove all the microtelecom/perseus registry keys and it should reset.

          The whole trial period thing is a bit stupid, Using the networked
          perseus receivers is no replacement for 'the real deal' imo. And the
          existing receivers could use some more traffic ;)
        • Beppe IK3VIG
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 2, 2011
            If you have PERSEUS hardware, you can run multiple PERSEUS software !
            One for you real PERSEUS and one remote without trial limit :-)

            73 Beppe
            ik3vig

            woodboxadio

            > The whole trial period thing is a bit stupid, Using the networked
            > perseus receivers is no replacement for 'the real deal' imo. And the
            > existing receivers could use some more traffic ;)

          • Neil M Califano
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 2, 2011
              I need to check if port 8014 is an issue.