Perseus and Wellbrook ALA1530 antenna

  • Werner Karn
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 2, 2011
      While a.m. combination generally deliveres pretty good reception results, I noticed today that due to the antenna interface box sitting close to the receiver and being packaged in a plastic rather than a metal box, it is picking-up quite some noise from the shack, i.e. displays, switching power supplies etc.

      So, as a recommendation, use as much distance as you can between this plastic box and your PC, power supplies and other noise sources.

      73,

      Werner

    • Roelof Bakker
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 2, 2011
        Hello all,

        My Perseus server is running now on a different netbook.
        A report is much appreciated.
        Especially if DRM is still ok.

        This netbook is a Lenovo Ideapad S-10-3 with 1 GB RAM.
        So far a Samsung NC 10 with 2 GB RAM was used.

        73,
        Roelof Bakker, pa0rdt
      • Mauno Ritola

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 2, 2011
            Hello Roelof,

            your server is in ADSL mode; working good but no DRM possible.

            73,

            Werner

            2011/10/2 Roelof Bakker <roelof@...>
            Hello all,

            My Perseus server is running now on a different netbook.
            A report is much appreciated.
            Especially if DRM is still ok.

            This netbook is a Lenovo Ideapad S-10-3 with 1 GB RAM.
            So far a Samsung NC 10 with 2 GB RAM was used.

            73,
            Roelof Bakker, pa0rdt

            <*> Your email settings:
               Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
               (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
               perseus_SDR-digest@yahoogroups.com
               perseus_SDR-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

               http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Roelof Bakker
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 2, 2011
              Hello Werner,

              Yes, it is now running in LAN mode.
              Could you test it once more?

              Thanks!

              Roelof
            • Werner Karn
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 2, 2011
                Hello Roelof,

                works perfectly. 6015kHz TDP with over 30dB SNR.

                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 2, 2011
                  Hello Werner,

                  Thank you very much indeed.
                  Your help is much appreciated.

                  There has been a major house restoration, so the antenna leads are
                  entering the house now in a cupboard.
                  The PERSEUS and Lenovo S10-3 netbook running the server software will be
                  placed in the cupboard, close to the cable entry.
                  The Samsung NC 10 will be used in my new workshop upstairs.

                  Glad to hear it works OK.

                  73,
                  Roelof