Re: FM+ first test .... and it's awesome!

  • dylerware
    Message 1 of 20 , Sep 1, 2011
      Lovely: http://x264.nl/dump/94.20-vrtradio1-2011-09-02-0719.jpg

      94.20 | VRT Radio 1 | BEL: Schoten (ant) | -70.8 dBm # -- 130km
      94.30 | Radio 4 | Ut IJsselstein | -60.8 dBm | -54.1 dBm -- 51km

      Only the FM+ can do this with perfect audio!
    • Jan Reint
      Message 2 of 20 , Sep 2, 2011
        Hi to all,

        Still impressed by the filters of my new FM+: in the passed weeks I heard stations next to local channels I had not heard for years!
        Because the "MEM"-window still remains empty these days, I thought it might be nice to use the BobSmeter here.... With Perseus this works out fine here, but not with FM+: I do get the meter into the right place on the screen, but the needle does not move at all......
        Question: am I doing something wrong (or rather, forgetting something to adjust) or is it impossible at all to use this meter with FM+?

        73,
        Jan Reint
        PA3DNA
      • Peter
        Message 3 of 20 , Sep 2, 2011
          It doesn't support communication through the VCom port.

          Peter

          --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, Jan Reint <jr.tolsma@...> wrote:

          > Hi to all,
          >
          > Still impressed by the filters of my new FM+: in the passed weeks I
          > heard stations next to local channels I had not heard for years!
          > Because the "MEM"-window still remains empty these days, I thought it
          > might be nice to use the BobSmeter here.... With Perseus this works out
          > fine here, but not with FM+: I do get the meter into the right place on
          > the screen, but the needle does not move at all......
          > Question: am I doing something wrong (or rather, forgetting something to
          > adjust) or is it impossible at all to use this meter with FM+?
          >
          > 73,
          > Jan Reint
          > PA3DNA

        • Highq
          Message 4 of 20 , Sep 3, 2011
            Hi Jan,

            sorry but FM+ has not CAT protocol enabled, so BobSmeter or other CAT accessories don't connect it.
            We hope for the future.

            73 Beppe
            ik3vig

            woodboxradio

            Message 5 of 20 , Sep 7, 2011
              Thanks for helping me out, Peter and Beppe: I don´t have to try more.
              It´s not a big issue, but it would have been nice........
              The FM+ is more "basic" than I thought, but it is very good in what it´s made for!
              My first wish now would be a database......

              73,
              Jan Reint
              PA3DNA

              At 23.21 02/09/2011, you wrote:

              Hi to all,

              Still impressed by the filters of my new FM+: in the passed weeks I heard stations next to local channels I had not heard for years!
              Because the "MEM"-window still remains empty these days, I thought it might be nice to use the BobSmeter here.... With Perseus this works out fine here, but not with FM+: I do get the meter into the right place on the screen, but the needle does not move at all......
              Question: am I doing something wrong (or rather, forgetting something to adjust) or is it impossible at all to use this meter with FM+?

              73,
              Jan Reint
              PA3DNA
            • Bill Nollman
              Message 6 of 20 , Sep 7, 2011

                Has anyone compared a decent FM tuner (like a Yamaha T85, Onkyo T9090II, Sony XDR) with the FM+ either side by side or published specs ?

                Has anyone compared it to the Dietronix downconverter ?

                Very interested to know whether it is of DX quality or not. Would really love to retire my old T85 (with 110 and 150kHz IF filters).

                Bill

                Message 7 of 20 , Sep 7, 2011
                  I have been using the FM+ side-by-side with Dientronic Downconverter this summer, and I cannot note any major difference in performance during my E-skip sessions. I have 2xPerseus, and one is for FM+, and the other is for Dientronic.

                  The use of SDR-recordings during E-skip is a revolution!

                  You may have a look at my loggings from July 6, and I am still finding new stations to add to my log:

                  http://www.fmlist.org/fm_logmap.php?datum=2011-07-06&hours=0&omid=2227&band=ALL

                  What is quite interesting, is to compare the various softwares available, and their ability to decode the RDS-information, and as well their quality regarding selectivity. I am using the FM+ software, but also the software (just in early days of development) from SDR-Radio. The latter seems to find the PI-code slightly better.

                  73
                  Anders

                  http://dxperseus.blogspot.com/2011/08/albanien-pa-fm.html