Re: Can Perseus be used with 6V battery?

  • Andrew Clegg
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1, 2011
      Hi Roelof,

      That would be great. Your design sounds ideal.

      Thanks!
      Andy

      --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, Roelof Bakker <roelof@...> wrote:

      > Hello Andy,
      >
      > I have used 4 1.2V NiMH batteries to feed my PERSEUS.
      > Fully charged the voltage was about 5.1 V.
      > However this dropped rather quickly and below about 4.7V the PERSEUS
      > quit.
      > Operating time with 2200 mAH batteries was 2o minutes, not very useful.
      >
      > At present I am using a 6V gellcell battery.
      > Fully charged the voltage is well above 6V and beyond the safe voltage
      > margin of the PERSEUS.
      > I have designed a low drop 5V regulator circuit, which includes reverse
      > polarity protaction and switches off when the battery gets low.
      >
      > If you like I can mail you the circuit diagram when I am back at home.
      >
      > 73,
      > Roelof Bakker, pa0rdt

    • Fabrizio Magrone
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 2, 2011
        Hello Roelof,

        > I have designed a low drop 5V regulator circuit, which includes reverse
        > polarity protaction and switches off when the battery gets low.

        this circuit can be of interest for several Perseus users; could you
        please upload the scheme in the files section of the group? Or I'd
        really like to get it via email, if you can't.

        Thank you!

        73

        Fabrizio, IK4MTG
      • Roelof Bakker
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 2, 2011
          Hello Fabrizio and all other interested parties,

          Yes, I will do in due course.
          Unfortunately it is not in digital form yet.
          As I am in the midst of a major house restoration, for once I have lack of
          free time.

          It will be done, but it will take a few days, I'm afraid.

          73,
          Roelof

          http://www.opera.com/mail/