Re: running dual perseus instances via bat file

  • alx_mtc
    Message 1 of 44 , May 2 5:21 AM
      You could try waiting until the first Perseus is up and running before hitting the key to start the second GUI.
      The Perseus software grabs the first free receiver enumerated on the USB bus, so the first one will always be the first.
      If you need just the second receiver, you must again start both and then close the first window.
      Before running the .BAT, ensure no other Perseus are stuck in the background without a GUI.

      This can be automated adding:

      taskkill /IM perseus.exe

      right after the "@echo off" in the .BAT file.

      --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, monitor <monitor@...> wrote:

> [...]
      > GUI 2 (no receiver) as described in step 5. If I manually start both
      > receivers, they both run fine, but of course, one receiver is
      > miscalibrated because they both load the same registry data.
      >
      > 7) After item 6, a retry of the bat file takes us back to item 3 & 4.
      >
      > That is, on a fresh reboot, rx 1 and GUI two run...if I manually strat
      > rx 1 and rx 2, then close, then retry the bat file, only rx 1 starts and
      > I get the "bitsream load error" message. I'm figuring the 30 second
      > wait for the error message is related to a default retry timeout or similar.
      >
      > My initial thought was that the perseus software cannot handle the
      > virtually simultaneous load and acquisition of usb ports/receivers,
      > however, results with or without the remark entries in the bat file are
      > the same.................
      >
      > any ideas?
      >
      > my sense is this is not far from working and I will keep fiddling with this.
      >
      > thank you very much
      >
      > best
      >
      > John Collins
      >
      > On 4/29/2011 5:50 AM, alx_mtc wrote:
      > > Reg export:
      > > 1) Start, Run, type "regedit", click on Ok
      > > 2) Click the + symbol in the left panel of the window, go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microtelecom s.r.l.\perseus\v4.0a
      > > 3) right click on v4.0a (or your release), select Export, give it a name (e.g. Pers1.reg) and save it to the Perseus folder (e.g. C:\Perseus)
      > >

      > > Batch file (e.g. run.bat):
      > >
      > > ---(file start)---
      > > @echo off
      > > c:
      > > cd c:\Perseus
      > > regedit /s Pers1.reg
      > > start perseus.exe
      > > rem echo Hit any key to start the second instance...
      > > rem pause
      > > regedit /s Pers2.reg
      > > start perseus.exe
      > > ---(file end)---
      > >

      > > I supposed that:
      > > -Perseus folder is c:\Perseus
      > > -You saved the batch file (e.g. run.bat) in the same folder
      > > -You saved there the two reg files, too, called Pers1.reg and Pers2.reg
      > > -The computer won't show any strange behaviour starting two instances so fast one after the other.
      > >
      > > If the latter assumption is proved to be wrong, you just need to remove the two heading "rem" in front of the "echo" and "pause" lines (you'll have to press a key to go on with the startup.
      > >

      > > As a side information, the .reg files are text files, you can read and modify them with the notepad application. The only line really needed (other then the header) is the one containing "AdcSamplingRate".
      > > The whole file could be as short as:
      > >
      > > ---(file start)---
      > > Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
      > >
      > > [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microtelecom s.r.l.\perseus\v4.0a]
      > > "AdcSamplingRate"=dword:04c4b400
      > > ---(file end)---
      > >

      > > 04c4b400 is the hexadecimal value for 80000000 (80 MHz), after calibration it will be different.

    • alx_mtc
      Message 44 of 44 , May 2 5:21 AM