Re: fmscan.org perseus list failure

  • Thomas Nilsson
    Message 1 of 13 , May 1, 2011
      I was one of the first to report that the FM-Scan userlist1.txt made Perseus to stop functioneing when going from Wav (playing back) to Perseus (normal). This in the latest release 4.0a.
      This morning I imported the KOJE list and renamed it userlist1.txt and with this file everything works OK!

      I would like to get a specification of how to produce the file so I can investigate why the Perseus userlist does not work. There must be something cuasing this break down. The break down also affects the network board so connection with Internet is broken.

      73
      Thomas Nilsson
    • Günter Lorenz
      Message 2 of 13 , May 1, 2011
        Hello Guy,

        I can confirm that there is a bug in the list generation. Peer-Axel takes care of this part of the programming and he's been alerted.
        Many entries have from-to times as 0000-0000 which does exclude them from display. You can click on "All" to see them in the list.
        We will post here as soon as the bug has been fixed.

        73,
        Günter

        Message 3 of 13 , May 1, 2011
          Thank you for mentioning the "All" button as a work-around, Günter! Since I am just about to leave for a DXpedition where I won't have reliable Internet access, it was very timely to learn how to use the latest information in the userlist.txt file.

          73,
          Guy Atkins
          Puyallup, WA USA

          2011/5/1 Günter Lorenz <glorenz@...>

          Hello Guy,

          I can confirm that there is a bug in the list generation. Peer-Axel takes care of this part of the programming and he's been alerted.
          Many entries have from-to times as 0000-0000 which does exclude them from display. You can click on "All" to see them in the list.
          We will post here as soon as the bug has been fixed.

          73,
          Günter

        • peeraxel
          Message 4 of 13 , May 2, 2011
            fmscan.org and the userlist now automatically adjust schedules for stations in countries that use daylight savings time. The update caused a few errors which are now fixed I hope. Please give it a new try.

            --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "dylerware" <id@...> wrote:

            > http://fmscan.org/perseus.php
            >
            > Fatal error: Call to undefined function: dst() in /srv/www/htdocs/fmscan/scan.php on line 239
            >
            > Fix please! I need updated list! :D

          • Guy Atkins
            Message 5 of 13 , May 3, 2011
              Thanks for your work on this. I downloaded a userlist.txt file again for the Grayland, WA USA DXpedition location and everything looks fine.

              It'll be very useful this evening  :^)

              Guy Atkins
              Puyallup, WA USA

              On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 3:57 PM, peeraxel <peeraxel@...> wrote:
              fmscan.org and the userlist now automatically adjust schedules for stations in countries that use daylight savings time. The update caused a few errors which are now fixed I hope. Please give it a new try.

            • bdxc4386
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 22 7:06 AM
                Hi,

                Has anyone recently created a userlist.txt and tried it with the 4.0b Perseus software?
                I have created several versions, Perseus starts but no station info is shown in the window.

                Any ideas are welcome/

                73's
                André Mak
              • Roberto Zinelli

                  Message 8 of 13 , Aug 22 11:08 PM
                    Hi Roberto,

                    I'am aware of that. Thanks anyway.

                    73's
                    André

                    --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, Roberto Zinelli <roberto.zinelli@...> wrote:

                    > Hello André
                    >
                    > Remember to rename the list userlist1.txt or userlist2.txt
                    >
                    > 73 de IW4ENS
                    > Roberto
                    >
                    > On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 4:06 PM, bdxc4386 <bdxc4386@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > > **
                    > >

                    > > Hi,
                    > >
                    > > Has anyone recently created a userlist.txt and tried it with the 4.0b
                    > > Perseus software?
                    > > I have created several versions, Perseus starts but no station info is
                    > > shown in the window.
                    > >
                    > > Any ideas are welcome/
                    > >
                    > > 73's
                    > > André Mak

                  • Thomas Nilsson
                    Message 9 of 13 , Aug 22 11:35 PM
                      Hello,
                      Also check the properties for your new Perseus 4.0b ex file. "Target" and "start in" must refer to the same map on your harddisk.
                      I had the same problem with userlist1.txt until I corrected this entry.
                      Just a hint.
                      73
                      Thomas
                    • bdxc4386
                      Message 10 of 13 , Aug 23 12:38 AM
                        Hi,

                        Tried again this morning and now the userlis1.txt is working.

                        73's
                        André