Re: [perseus_SDR] Busy servers ???

  • Willi Passmann
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 4, 2011
      Am 04.03.2011 16:04, schrieb Werner Karn:
      > I believe, that's due to delay in update ( not real time ).

      Look at the time stamp below the map: "55 servers online -
      12:13:51 04/02/2011(?) GMT"

      This page seems to reflect the situation at least 3 hours ago. My own
      server is not listed (although online).

      My advice is to make onself independent from the map by using a
      permanent hostname, available from
      www.no-ip.com, and to maintain an own list with interesting servers, or
      to make use of the hostnames listed on
      http://www.mwlist.org/perseus_servers.php
      Don't rely on IP numbers listed here, as they could be dynamic. I added
      them as some users might have a static IP Number.

      vy 73,
      Willi

      http://www.radio-portal.org/sdr.html
      SDR-Special
      http://www.mwlist.org/mw_logmap.php?la=en
      Visual Logbook of MWList & TBL
    • Mauno Ritola
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 4, 2011
        4.3.2011 18:11, Willi Passmann kirjoitti:
        > Am 04.03.2011 16:04, schrieb Werner Karn:
        >> I believe, that's due to delay in update ( not real time ).
        > Look at the time stamp below the map: "55 servers online -
        > 12:13:51 04/02/2011(?) GMT"
        >
        > This page seems to reflect the situation at least 3 hours ago. My own
        > server is not listed (although online).
        >
        > My advice is to make onself independent from the map by using a
        > permanent hostname, available from
        > www.no-ip.com, and to maintain an own list with interesting servers,

        But doesn't one then lose any new interesting servers?

        73, Mauno

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 5, 2011
          Am 04.03.2011 22:24, schrieb Mauno Ritola:
          > 4.3.2011 18:11, Willi Passmann kirjoitti:
          >> My advice is to make onself independent from the map by using a
          >> permanent hostname, available from
          >> www.no-ip.com, and to maintain an own list with interesting servers,
          > But doesn't one then lose any new interesting servers?

          Sure Mauno, any list can only give information regarding servers which
          were active in the past already.
          But this is true for Nicos map also, when it is not updating.

          http://www.mwlist.org/perseus_servers.php
          is still the most complete server list, with currently 280 entries.

          BTW: This server directory offers direct links to userlists for all
          server locations!
          These userlists cover all frequencies from VLF to 30 MHz and they are
          sorted by the expected signal strength at the given location for each
          frequency.
          So if you plan a DX session at a remote server, download a userlist for
          it, rename it to userlist2.txt, put it in the Perseus directory, restart
          your Perseus and you will easily see the differences to your own
          location by switching between userlist 1 and 2.