Re: [perseus_SDR] Busy servers ???

  • Werner Karn
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 4, 2011
      hi Paul,

      it's the other way round as well !

      I believe, that's due to delay in update ( not real time ).

      BR Werner

      2011/3/4 <pd0psb@...>

      Why do so many servers show "available" on the map, but after selecting they are in fact "busy"?

      73
      Paul
      PD0PSB

    • Willi Passmann
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 4, 2011
        Am 04.03.2011 16:04, schrieb Werner Karn:
        > I believe, that's due to delay in update ( not real time ).

        Look at the time stamp below the map: "55 servers online -
        12:13:51 04/02/2011(?) GMT"

        This page seems to reflect the situation at least 3 hours ago. My own
        server is not listed (although online).

        My advice is to make onself independent from the map by using a
        permanent hostname, available from
        www.no-ip.com, and to maintain an own list with interesting servers, or
        to make use of the hostnames listed on
        http://www.mwlist.org/perseus_servers.php
        Don't rely on IP numbers listed here, as they could be dynamic. I added
        them as some users might have a static IP Number.

        vy 73,
        Willi

        http://www.radio-portal.org/sdr.html
        SDR-Special
        http://www.mwlist.org/mw_logmap.php?la=en
        Visual Logbook of MWList & TBL
      • Mauno Ritola
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 4, 2011
          4.3.2011 18:11, Willi Passmann kirjoitti:
          > Am 04.03.2011 16:04, schrieb Werner Karn:
          >> I believe, that's due to delay in update ( not real time ).
          > Look at the time stamp below the map: "55 servers online -
          > 12:13:51 04/02/2011(?) GMT"
          >
          > This page seems to reflect the situation at least 3 hours ago. My own
          > server is not listed (although online).
          >
          > My advice is to make onself independent from the map by using a
          > permanent hostname, available from
          > www.no-ip.com, and to maintain an own list with interesting servers,

          But doesn't one then lose any new interesting servers?

          73, Mauno

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 5, 2011
            Am 04.03.2011 22:24, schrieb Mauno Ritola:
            > 4.3.2011 18:11, Willi Passmann kirjoitti:
            >> My advice is to make onself independent from the map by using a
            >> permanent hostname, available from
            >> www.no-ip.com, and to maintain an own list with interesting servers,
            > But doesn't one then lose any new interesting servers?

            Sure Mauno, any list can only give information regarding servers which
            were active in the past already.
            But this is true for Nicos map also, when it is not updating.

            http://www.mwlist.org/perseus_servers.php
            is still the most complete server list, with currently 280 entries.

            BTW: This server directory offers direct links to userlists for all
            server locations!
            These userlists cover all frequencies from VLF to 30 MHz and they are
            sorted by the expected signal strength at the given location for each
            frequency.
            So if you plan a DX session at a remote server, download a userlist for
            it, rename it to userlist2.txt, put it in the Perseus directory, restart
            your Perseus and you will easily see the differences to your own
            location by switching between userlist 1 and 2.