FM Down-Converter Help needed

  • grace123moscow
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2011
      I wish to purchase a FM down-converter that will work with my Perseus. I need one that contains its own power supply and that will enable me to tune the 80-120 FM broadcast band. I would prefer one that can be purchased here in the U.S.

      Secondly, what frequency does the Perseus show when tuning in the FM band?

      Any help you can provide will be great. I am not a radio amateur. Just a guy that loves his Perseus!

      John Washburn
      Newport, Vermont US

      jewashburn(at)comcast.net
    • metalflash@gmx.de
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 2, 2011
        Hi John.

        while I am aware that this is not the complete requirement, may I
        recommend anyway this: http://www.science-workshop.com/

        They got tuners requiring external power, certainly an easy job to perform.

        73 Dieter KA4POL
      • Werner Karn