Australian Perseus and wideband MW stations !

  • Bill Nollman
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 7 5:21 AM

      Working perfectly this morning in the US. It wasn’t last night.

      Interesting to note – there are MW stations using up to 20 kHz bandwidth ?!?! 621, 693, 855, 1224, 1503 and others.

      They sound really good too. I’ve never seen/heard that before.

      Listening to Oldies on 1278 right now – they are only using 12 kHz bandwidth but still sounds quite good !

      Bill Nollman

      Farmington, Connecticut, USA

    • Jurgen Bartels
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 8 2:44 AM
        > Interesting to note - there are MW stations using up to 20 kHz bandwidth
        > ?!?! 621, 693, 855, 1224, 1503 and others.

        Bill,
        some US tx are doing the same too.

        I noticed when using your server, that sidebands reach just to the adjacent
        carriers. Just seeing this on the N3AVB srv in PA
        1390-WRSC
        1000 ESPN relay
        1510-KSTP

        AFN is doing the same here and overlap the adjacent carriers by 1kHz, seems
        they use US tx.
        Our regulator seems to accept this, German stations would not get away with it
        as a station enginee told me, the fines are pretty stiff

        Jurgen Bartels Suellwarden, N. Germany
        hor. Antennas: 11-ele 45-87MHz 13-ele Band-III, 48-ele UHF, FM: 15.11
        MW: staggered 300m Beverage 320°, 30 x 4m EWE 320°, Winradio & Perseus
        http://dx.3sdesign.de/tv_offset_list.htm
        http://dx.3sdesign.de/station_list.htm

        http://fewo.3sdesign.de - Vacation home: DX right at the Northsea coast