Frequency control first test and suggestions

  • Giampiero Bernardini
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1 2:27 AM
      Ciao dear Wallauer,
      I just tested your Frequency control: it was really a great idea!

      I just would suggest some adds, even i f I don't know if they are possible:

      On top of the hour recording: every hour it records from xx:55 to xx:05 mm
      for catching identifications and monitoring BC occupancy over the bands. As
      another friend suggested ti would be nice to choose also the different
      central frequency and span. But it could be a little hard to do!

      Log: it would be very usefull to add the possibility to export in csv file
      or at least save in txt file, to use the log for contributions.

      It would be nice to add another "like quick favorites" tab to use as
      memories with also a tag to write the name as "BBC" or "RAF Volmet"

      Anyway, a big thank you for this programe you wrote for Perseus.

      73
      Giampiero

      Giampiero Bernardini
      Milano
      Italy
    • wallauer_2004
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1 11:28 AM
        Hi Giampiero,
        thanks for your feedback and your suggestions.

        >>...I just would suggest some adds ...
        >> On top of the hour recording: every hour it records from xx:55 to
        xx:05 ..

        This function will be implemented in the next version (Odd-Jorgen also
        suggested to add such a function).

        >> another friend suggested ti would be nice to choose also the
        different central frequency and span.

        Do you want to switch center-frequency / span within the 10 minutes of
        recording ? I think that´s not possible, because you have to stop
        recording, to tune to a frequency out of the currently recorded span.

        >> Log: it would be very usefull to add the possibility to export in
        csv file or at least save in txt file, to use the log for contributions.

        In this version the logs are saved to the file "Logs.xml" in the
        program-folder. It´s standard XML format and it can easily converted
        into csv or xls. Next version will keep it´s data in a mdb (Access)
        database and I will also add an import / export routine to exchange
        data with other software like Wolfgangs Excel_log_and_tune.

        >>It would be nice to add another "like quick favorites" tab to use as
        memories with also a tag to write the name as "BBC" or "RAF Volmet"

        Yep, that´s a great idea and will be added.

        73
        Wallauer
      • Guido Schotmans
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1 11:39 AM
          It would also be nice to have the possibility to use the scroll wheel in the time/date cells.  After all, as Perseus users, we are now scroll addicts ;-)

          73,

          Guido.

          Checked by AVG.