Some question and problems.

  • Laurent Laborde
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 31, 2008
      Hi again !!

      I really love the perseus but i have some troubles with it.

      - The text on the small button of perseus software is unreadable, look
      like a font problem. (all button but the "mode" buttons")

      - i can't choose the audio output interface

      - i downloaded the VAC software (demo version with the annoying
      voice), do i must use "audio repeater" to get the audio output of
      perseus to a 3rd party software ?
      can't i tell perseus that the audio output of the software is "line 1 (VAC)" ?

      - what are the available software to decode DRM using perseus ?

      thank you.

      I tried perseus with SpectrumLab, it's awesome ! But very very CPU intensive.

      --
      F4FQM
      Kerunix Flan
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 31, 2008
        At 07:43 PM 3/31/2008, you wrote:

        >Hi again !!
        >
        >I really love the perseus but i have some troubles with it.
        >
        >- The text on the small button of perseus software is unreadable, look
        >like a font problem. (all button but the "mode" buttons")
        >
        >- i can't choose the audio output interface
        >
        >- i downloaded the VAC software (demo version with the annoying
        >voice), do i must use "audio repeater" to get the audio output of
        >perseus to a 3rd party software ?
        >can't i tell perseus that the audio output of the software is "line 1 (VAC)" ?
        >
        >- what are the available software to decode DRM using perseus ?
        >
        >thank you.

        Laurent, I can answer the question on DRM. I use DREAM software with Perseus. Using the VAC, it works perfectly. Yes, it's CPU intensive, but nothing that any modern computer can't handle. ......Walt
        PS: The only really CPU intensive operation I've run up against is recording 800 kHz of spectrum....that requires a fast core2 Duo CPU for sure. My 1.8 GHz non-core2 duo CPU could only handle 100 kHz spectrum downloads before complaining!
      • Laurent Laborde
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 31, 2008
          On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 5:14 AM, Walter Salmaniw <salmaniw@...> wrote:

          > Laurent, I can answer the question on DRM. I use DREAM software with
          > Perseus. Using the VAC, it works perfectly. Yes, it's CPU intensive, but
          > nothing that any modern computer can't handle. ......Walt
          > PS: The only really CPU intensive operation I've run up against is
          > recording 800 kHz of spectrum....that requires a fast core2 Duo CPU for
          > sure. My 1.8 GHz non-core2 duo CPU could only handle 100 kHz spectrum
          > downloads before complaining!

          the DREAM Software is this one ?
          http://drm.sourceforge.net/ ?
          (no binary... i'll need to compile it :( )

          and VAC is this one ?
          http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.html

          you use audio repeater to get the output of perseus or you can tell
          perseus to use VAC directly ?
          and how ?

          thank you :)

          --
          Kerunix Flan
          Laurent Laborde
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 31, 2008
            Ok. i bought VAC (waiting for order confirmation).

            About DRM, i tried the DRM software from winradio for "3rd party
            application" and found that my licence key for "G305 application" also
            work for "3rd party" so i'll use the winradio DRM decoder for now ;)

            Thx for your help.

            I still have one question non-answered :
            - do i need to use "Audio repeater" to get the perseus audio output,
            or i can tell to perseus use the "Line1 (VAC)" output ?

            thank you

            --
            F4FQM
            Laurent Laborde

            On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 5:33 AM, Laurent Laborde <kerdezixe@...> wrote:
            > On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 5:14 AM, Walter Salmaniw <salmaniw@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Laurent, I can answer the question on DRM. I use DREAM software with
            > > Perseus. Using the VAC, it works perfectly. Yes, it's CPU intensive, but
            > > nothing that any modern computer can't handle. ......Walt
            > > PS: The only really CPU intensive operation I've run up against is
            > > recording 800 kHz of spectrum....that requires a fast core2 Duo CPU for
            > > sure. My 1.8 GHz non-core2 duo CPU could only handle 100 kHz spectrum
            > > downloads before complaining!
            >
            > the DREAM Software is this one ?
            > http://drm.sourceforge.net/ ?
            > (no binary... i'll need to compile it :( )
            >
            > and VAC is this one ?
            > http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.html
            >
            > you use audio repeater to get the output of perseus or you can tell
            > perseus to use VAC directly ?
            > and how ?
            >
            > thank you :)
            >

            > --
            > Kerunix Flan
            > Laurent Laborde

            Kerunix Flan
            Laurent Laborde
          • Laurent Laborde
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 31, 2008
              On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 7:01 AM, Laurent Laborde <kerdezixe@...> wrote:

              > I still have one question non-answered :
              > - do i need to use "Audio repeater" to get the perseus audio output,
              > or i can tell to perseus use the "Line1 (VAC)" output ?

              Ok found.
              It look like perseus automatically use the virtual audio card :)

              --
              Kerunix Flan
              Laurent Laborde
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 31, 2008
                At 10:01 PM 3/31/2008, you wrote:

                >Ok. i bought VAC (waiting for order confirmation).
                >
                >About DRM, i tried the DRM software from winradio for "3rd party
                >application" and found that my licence key for "G305 application" also
                >work for "3rd party" so i'll use the winradio DRM decoder for now ;)
                >
                >Thx for your help.
                >
                >I still have one question non-answered :
                >- do i need to use "Audio repeater" to get the perseus audio output,
                >or i can tell to perseus use the "Line1 (VAC)" output ?
                >
                >thank you

                Laurent, just the VAC output. My sound cards/computer doesn't have an "audio repeater" option, I don't believe. I don't even think that I had to do anything with Perseus, only DRM. There, I had to use Virtual Audio Cable, as the input audio source......Walt.
              • Laurent Laborde
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 31, 2008
                  On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 8:14 AM, Walter Salmaniw <salmaniw@...> wrote:
                  > At 10:01 PM 3/31/2008, you wrote:
                  >
                  > >Ok. i bought VAC (waiting for order confirmation).
                  > >
                  > >About DRM, i tried the DRM software from winradio for "3rd party
                  > >application" and found that my licence key for "G305 application" also
                  > >work for "3rd party" so i'll use the winradio DRM decoder for now ;)
                  > >
                  > >Thx for your help.
                  > >
                  > >I still have one question non-answered :
                  > >- do i need to use "Audio repeater" to get the perseus audio output,
                  > >or i can tell to perseus use the "Line1 (VAC)" output ?
                  > >
                  > >thank you
                  >
                  > Laurent, just the VAC output. My sound cards/computer doesn't have an
                  > "audio repeater" option, I don't believe. I don't even think that I had to
                  > do anything with Perseus, only DRM. There, I had to use Virtual Audio Cable,
                  > as the input audio source......Walt.

                  Audio repeater is an application in the same directory as the VAC control panel.
                  But i found that it's not required to use perseus+vac.

                  The perseus automatically use VAC.

                  Thx for your help :)

                  --
                  Kerunix Flan
                  Laurent Laborde
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 1 8:54 AM
                    The DRM software won't work with the 8 khz output from the Perseus,
                    only DReaM will work.

                    Alan Johnson
                    N4LUS-

                    -- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "Laurent Laborde" <kerdezixe@...>
                    wrote:

                    > On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 8:14 AM, Walter Salmaniw <salmaniw@...>
                    wrote:
                    > > At 10:01 PM 3/31/2008, you wrote:
                    > >
                    > > >Ok. i bought VAC (waiting for order confirmation).
                    > > >
                    > > >About DRM, i tried the DRM software from winradio for "3rd
                    party
                    > > >application" and found that my licence key for "G305
                    application" also
                    > > >work for "3rd party" so i'll use the winradio DRM decoder for
                    now ;)

                    > > >Thx for your help.
                    > > >
                    > > >I still have one question non-answered :
                    > > >- do i need to use "Audio repeater" to get the perseus audio
                    output,
                    > > >or i can tell to perseus use the "Line1 (VAC)" output ?
                    > > >
                    > > >thank you
                    > >
                    > > Laurent, just the VAC output. My sound cards/computer doesn't
                    have an
                    > > "audio repeater" option, I don't believe. I don't even think
                    that I had to
                    > > do anything with Perseus, only DRM. There, I had to use Virtual
                    Audio Cable,
                    > > as the input audio source......Walt.
                    >
                    > Audio repeater is an application in the same directory as the VAC
                    control panel.
                    > But i found that it's not required to use perseus+vac.
                    >
                    > The perseus automatically use VAC.
                    >
                    > Thx for your help :)
                    >
                    > --
                    > Kerunix Flan
                    > Laurent Laborde

                  • Laurent Laborde
                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 1 9:19 AM
                      On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 5:54 PM, Alan Johnson <alanjohnson@...> wrote:

                      > The DRM software won't work with the 8 khz output from the Perseus,
                      > only DReaM will work.

                      I noticed that yes.
                      I use DREAM now :)

                      Thx for the confirmation