Frequency Control

  • wallauer_2004
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 23, 2008
      Hi Group,
      i coded a little piece of software the last days and I hope that you
      give it a chance. It´s a tool to store frequencies like the excel list
      from Wolfgang. Since RX320-Control from Clifton Turner (a software for
      TenTecs RX320) I don't want to live without this "quick-store-buttons"
      and I added them too. And at last I implemented a record-timer which
      will start my records when I'm not on my system. You'll get more info
      within the help-file in the groups "Files-Section".

      Thx again to Nico for this great device.

      73´s
      Wallauer
    • Ernesto Lastra Boehme
      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 24, 2008
        Hello Wallauer,

        mny tnx for this tool it works fine, sure you will add this and that
        but just wanna say thanks.. great job !! vy 73 de DF1ELB, Ernesto

        --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "wallauer_2004" <wallauer@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi Group,
        > i coded a little piece of software the last days and I hope that you
        > give it a chance. It´s a tool to store frequencies like the excel list
        > from Wolfgang. Since RX320-Control from Clifton Turner (a software for
        > TenTecs RX320) I don't want to live without this "quick-store-buttons"
        > and I added them too. And at last I implemented a record-timer which
        > will start my records when I'm not on my system. You'll get more info
        > within the help-file in the groups "Files-Section".
        >
        > Thx again to Nico for this great device.
        >
        > 73´s
        > Wallauer

      • Kjell-Göran Bergendahl
        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 24, 2008
          Hi Wallauer,

          A question on your frequency storage/recording tool before installing
          the stuff needed to run it:

          I don't understand why the COM-ports are involved in this. Will the COM-
          port software mess things up already connected to the COM-ports? I'm
          waiting for an Elecraft K3 and then I will need an RS232 COM port for
          updating the firmware in K3.

          Otherwise I think it's great to have the functionality you supply in
          your software! Thanks!

          73,
          Kjell-Göran SM4GRP

          wrote:

          > Hi Group,
          > i coded a little piece of software the last days and I hope that you
          > give it a chance. It´s a tool to store frequencies like the excel list
          > from Wolfgang. Since RX320-Control from Clifton Turner (a software for
          > TenTecs RX320) I don't want to live without this "quick-store-buttons"
          > and I added them too. And at last I implemented a record-timer which
          > will start my records when I'm not on my system. You'll get more info
          > within the help-file in the groups "Files-Section".
          >
          > Thx again to Nico for this great device.
          >
          > 73´s
          > Wallauer

        • oe1mww
          Message 4 of 16 , Mar 24, 2008
            --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, Kjell-Göran Bergendahl
            <kgb55@...> wrote:

            > I don't understand why the COM-ports are involved in this.

            Perseus provides a virtual com port 10. With the software 'com0com'
            the com port 10 is connected via a null modem cable to the virtual
            com port 11. Wallauer's software, as any other software for Perseus,
            connects to this com 11 and controls the Perseus software.

            Read the relaese note of Perseus V1.0 software, chapter 'VIRTUAL CI-V
            INTERFACE - INTERFACE TO THIRD PARTY APPLICATIONS'.

            73
            Wolfgang, OE1MWW
          • wallauer_2004
            Message 5 of 16 , Mar 29, 2008
              Hi group,

              I moved the files to a new folder "Frequency Control".
              There is also the new stand-alone RecTimer. More info is available in
              the info-/ helpfile.

              Good night ;-)
              Wallauer
            • Odd-Jorgen Sagdahl
              Message 6 of 16 , Mar 30, 2008

                Good morning!

                Good job Wallauer! I have installed and tested the RecTimer. It worked like a charm at first attempt! User friendly and intuitive user interface as well. Goes well with the Perseus.

                I would like to make a recording every hour during the night, every night. I can do this with version 0.1, but it requires that I define each recording session separately. Would it be complicated to have an option to skip the date and only define the time for the recording? This would require an automatic naming of the output file, but this could for example be named according to the time of the recording – YYYY-MM-DD-HHMMSS.wav?

                73 de OJ

                Trondheim, Norway

                Message 7 of 16 , Mar 30, 2008
                  Good Morning,
                  first of all thanks for your feedback. I think it'll not be a problem
                  to implement the mentioned functions to the timer. I'll try to do it
                  next weekend.

                  73
                  Wallauer

                  --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "Odd-Jorgen Sagdahl" <ojs@...> wrote:

                  > I would like to make a recording every hour during the night, every
                  night. I
                  > can do this with version 0.1, but it requires that I define each
                  recording
                  > session separately. Would it be complicated to have an option to
                  skip the
                  > date and only define the time for the recording? This would require an
                  > automatic naming of the output file, but this could for example be named
                  > according to the time of the recording - YYYY-MM-DD-HHMMSS.wav?
                  >

                  > 73 de OJ
                  >
                  > Trondheim, Norway

                • wallauer_2004
                  Message 8 of 16 , Apr 13 8:42 AM
                    Hi group,

                    new version of Record-Timer and Frequency Control can be downloaded on http://www.frequency-control.de  It should now work with the new perseus software (1.0e).

                    @Nico:  Maybe thats´s a false return, I'm not sure ? If you send FE FE 01 02 15 02 FD to perseus for reading s-meter level you get the answer 15 15 instead of 15 02. It´s not a problem but I recognized it while coding.

                    73
                    Wallauer
                  • dl4raj
                    Message 9 of 16 , Apr 13 10:40 AM
                      Hi Wallauer,

                      when I use your old sw version with the new perseus version 1.0e
                      for frequency control I get an error message:
                      "your perseus didn't send an ok to the new frequency maybe there's..."
                      But frequency does change as desired.
                      Is this the same with your new sw version?

                      73
                      Clemens
                      DL4RAJ

                      In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "wallauer_2004" <wallauer@...> wrote:

                      > Hi group,
                      >
                      > new version of Record-Timer and Frequency Control can be downloaded on
                      > http://www.frequency-control.de <http://www.frequency-control.de> It
                      > should now work with the new perseus software (1.0e).
                      >
                      > @Nico: Maybe thats´s a false return, I'm not sure ? If you send FE
                      > FE 01 02 15 02 FD to perseus for reading s-meter level you get the
                      > answer 15 15 instead of 15 02. It´s not a problem but I recognized it
                      > while coding.
                      >
                      > 73
                      > Wallauer

                    • wallauer_2004
                      Message 10 of 16 , Apr 13 10:45 AM
                        Hi Clemens,
                        that problem has gone in the new version. Nico updated the CI-V
                        commands to control perseus from 3rd party software and the new
                        version of FC understands the new commands.

                        73
                        Wallauer

                        --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "dl4raj" <cpaul@...> wrote:

                        > Hi Wallauer,
                        >
                        > when I use your old sw version with the new perseus version 1.0e
                        > for frequency control I get an error message:
                        > "your perseus didn't send an ok to the new frequency maybe there's..."
                        > But frequency does change as desired.
                        > Is this the same with your new sw version?
                        >
                        > 73
                        > Clemens
                        > DL4RAJ

                      • wallauer_2004
                        Message 11 of 16 , Apr 15 12:02 PM
                          Hi Group,
                          thanks to all for feedback and reporting bugs.
                          This update removes an error while reading the s-meter level on the
                          Logs-Tab which was reported by Guy Atkins. Instructions how to update
                          etc. on http://www.frequency-control.de

                          73
                          Wallauer
                        • Guy Atkins
                          Message 12 of 16 , Apr 15 4:56 PM
                            Message
                            Hi Wallauer,

                            The s-meter level is working great now...thank you!

                            I really like the ease with which a quick logging and comment can be added, with the log tab of your FC program. Thanks for providing this to the Perseus user community.

                            Guy Atkins
                            Puyallup, WA USA

                            Message 13 of 16 , May 24, 2008
                              Hi Guy,

                              There is a file: "1300-1700 kHz West Coast USA Night Time Signals
                              - 180 Mb 02/23/08 0459:30-0500:30 UTC" on the Internet.
                              Is this your file - or do you know who owns it?

                              I contemplate using this file as a demo on how to receive AM
                              with Linrad and put it at the Linrad examples place:
                              http://www.sm5bsz.com/rf_library.htm
                              The file contains a station at 550 kHz that announces itself
                              KERI(?) and gives telephone numbers for contacting "Focus on
                              the family." The numbers constitute suitable test cases to
                              judge how well copy can be done in the interference from
                              another station on the same frequency.

                              I would need a permission to place a copy of the file
                              on my site because I want to make sure that the original
                              file will be available for as long as the page describing
                              what Linrad can do with it will survive on the Internet.

                              Regards

                              Leif Asbrink
                            • Walter Salmaniw
                              Message 14 of 16 , May 24, 2008
                                At 12:37 PM 5/24/2008, you wrote:

                                >Hi Guy,
                                >
                                >There is a file: "1300-1700 kHz West Coast USA Night Time Signals
                                >- 180 Mb 02/23/08 0459:30-0500:30 UTC" on the Internet.
                                >Is this your file - or do you know who owns it?
                                >
                                >I contemplate using this file as a demo on how to receive AM
                                >with Linrad and put it at the Linrad examples place:
                                ><http://www.sm5bsz.com/rf_library.htm>http://www.sm5bsz.com/rf_library.htm
                                >The file contains a station at 550 kHz that announces itself
                                >KERI(?) and gives telephone numbers for contacting "Focus on
                                >the family." The numbers constitute suitable test cases to
                                >judge how well copy can be done in the interference from
                                >another station on the same frequency.
                                >
                                >I would need a permission to place a copy of the file
                                >on my site because I want to make sure that the original
                                >file will be available for as long as the page describing
                                >what Linrad can do with it will survive on the Internet.

                                Hi, Leif. 550 is undoubtedly KARI in Blaine which blasts our way 24/7. It's a religious station, so fits your description nicely........Walt.
                              • Guy Atkins
                                Message 15 of 16 , May 24, 2008
                                  Hi Leif,

                                  Yes, the file you refer to was recorded by me, from my home in Puyallup, WA. It is currently located on my Web site and linked from my Perseus blog under "Perseus WAV-IQ Files for Download".

                                  I'm glad to learn it can be of use to you for Inrad's purposes. You are welcome to use and copy it as you would like.

                                  Best DX,

                                  Guy Atkins KE7MAV
                                  Puyallup, WA USA

                                  Message 16 of 16 , May 25, 2008
                                    Hi All,

                                    When two AM stations are present on the same channel
                                    it is possible to use a quadrature detector to generate
                                    two audio signals containing the in-phase and the out-of-phase
                                    components of the modulation to improve the chance to copy
                                    both the stations using stereo head-phones. In Linrad this
                                    is done with the Coh2 mode.

                                    Have a look here:
                                    http://www.sm5bsz.com/linuxdsp/usage/kari/kari.htm

                                    73