Re: [perseus_SDR] Re: Excalibur vs. Perseus: screencasts concluded

  • Nils Schiffhauer
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 30, 2010
      Thanks, Bjarne - this is very much appreciated. I don't have e.g. a
      diplexer. And Elrad's ASA-42 (4 in - 2 out) is a bit disappointing from
      the dynamic range.

      To others: "personality" seems to be a good word to combine all those
      different things like noise, AGC, steep of filter skirts etc. On the
      other hand it is really surprising to have numerous cases, where one
      clearly outperforms the other.

      73 Nils, DK8OK

      --
      73, Nils DK8OK
      Perseus, 96 m delta loop, 42 m windom
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 6, 2010
        I haven't had any troubles in using Perseus and SDR-IQ connected to the
        same antenna via a simple BNC-T-connector. With AR7030 it is another matter.

        Bjarne, I suppose the files will be up soon?

        Regards,

        Mauno

        1.7.2010 8:15, Nils Schiffhauer kirjoitti:
        > Thanks, Bjarne - this is very much appreciated. I don't have e.g. a
        > diplexer. And Elrad's ASA-42 (4 in - 2 out) is a bit disappointing from
        > the dynamic range.
        >
        > To others: "personality" seems to be a good word to combine all those
        > different things like noise, AGC, steep of filter skirts etc. On the
        > other hand it is really surprising to have numerous cases, where one
        > clearly outperforms the other.
        >
        > 73 Nils, DK8OK
        >
        > Am 7/1/2010 2:38 AM, schrieb bjarnemjelde:
        >

        >>> May I ask you if the Excalibur software allows the saving of the chunk
        >>> received into an I/Q format file ?
        >>> And, if yes, is the format of this file public ? Why I am asking this ?
        >>> Because, IMHO, the better way
        >>> for everybody to really compare two different SDR receivers is to
        >>> playback exactly the same portion of
        >>> the spectrum, captured exactly at the same time (with the antenna
        >>> connected via a diplexer to both radios),
        >>> and then to adjust the software in the way that the listener feels as
        >>> being optimal. And the concept of optimal,
        >>> needless to say, is way different from a person to another....
        >>>
        >> Coming up, Alberto. Whenever it arrives.
        >>
        >> Bjarne

      • bjarnemjelde
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 6, 2010
          Patience Mauno, patience... :-)