6295Re: [perseus_SDR] Sound cards & " What you hear" function .

  • Hans Remeeus
    Aug 5, 2009
      Yesterday I connected the Perseus (with COM0COM and BobCAT, together
      with the Icom IC-7700) on a Dell Vostro 1220 laptop and it works flawless!!

      Thanks to Franz DG1FHA http://www.dg1fha.de/23.html

      73,
      Hans Remeeus (PA1HR)
      http://www.remeeus.eu
      Communication is about people, the rest is technology.

      > Jean Jacquemin wrote:
      > I'am lucky to have a SB Audigy 2 ZS with the " what U hear " function,
      > so that I do not need VAC or other to make Perseus communicate with
      > audio softwares.
      > As I intend to purchase a new PC , I checked whether more recent SB cards
      > also have this function, which seems true, at least for some models...
      > BUT , from what I read on forums, it seems like DELL for some unknown
      > reason deliberately inhibit the " What u hear" on their recent sound cards !
      > Some found a way to get round by tricky and complicated manipulations , with
      > installing drivers different from the original ones...
      >
      > Did someone here experience this problem ?

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic