4558Re: FMSCAN userlist for Perseus with comlete LW/MW/SW and dB values

  • peeraxel
    Mar 1, 2009
      Hi, Bernd,
      the values are dBm and they are negative. I just left away the "-"
      because of the narrow format - every character counts.

      The reference is a Perseus with an ALA1530S magnetic loop antenna and
      50m standard coax cable (RG58) as I have it here. You can add an
      overall gain/loss before downloading the list.

      But still the prediction needs a lot of improvement - that's what I'm
      working on at the moment. It works quite fine on MW for stations at
      night up to 3000 km. Everything else is just a rough guess. The
      difficulty on SW are the broadcasts with varying signal strengths over
      longer time periods.

      good dx
      Peer-Axel, DL2LBP

      > Hi,
      >

      > first all thank you fort his super list!
      >
      > One question: How can I interpret the dB-values? I understand that
      smaller
      > values mean weaker signals – but on what basis?
      >
      > Is it dBm then it should be negative values, is it dBµV then stronger
      > signals would mean greater values….
      >
      > Can anybody explain?
      >

      > Bernd, DF9RB

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic