2425Re: [perseus_SDR] Re: WAV File Playback Difficulties with New Ver. 1.1a

  • Frank (ee)
    Aug 2, 2008
      Hi Nico,

      Though I don't (as yet) seem to have any problems (only advantages) with your latest S/W version, it might be interesting to see if further improvements (e.g. in CPU-load) can be obtained. So, yes I would be interested in a Saturday Night Version, but only if you would write and publish it anyway. Please don't make it just for me. :-)))

      Thanks for your excellent work!

      Frank (ee)

      On 2-8-2008 10:25, Nico iv3nwv wrote:

      Hi Guy, Dallas and others,
      well, after a software release a developer has always a little bit
      more time to relax, putting order on his desktop an so on...
      So I exploited this moment of relax yesterday evening and examined in
      more detail the reason of this "funny" playback feature which seems
      deeply in love the VAC :-)
      So I simulated a system in which the VAC was not installed and after
      some debugging I think I've found the cause of such a deep love or, at
      least, of the disaffection of the code for systems where the VAC was
      absent.

      > It will be interesting to find out from Nico what causes this
      > curious issue once he solves it.

      Said in algebraic terms, the reason is that "sets of instructions are
      not always invariant under the commutation of their elements".
      More simply: the code relied on a predefined execution order of two
      concurrent threads which occurred only when the VAC was installed.
      Even more simply: ok, I made a mistake! :-)

      If anyone would like to get a "Saturday Night Version" and see if it
      solves the playback issue (whether the VAC is installed or not),
      please let me know and I will promptly upload it to the server.

      Nico

      --- In perseus_SDR@ yahoogroups. com, dx@... wrote:

      > Hi Dallas and others,
      >
      > As suggested, the installation of VAC solved the problem. I hadn't
      gotten around to installing it on the new laptop yet.

      > It will be interesting to find out from Nico what causes this
      curious issue once he solves it.

      > 73, Guy
      >
      > Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

      Ver. 1.1a

      --
      Frank van Gerwen
      Bakkum-Noord / Netherlands (52°33'56" N / 4°39'18" E)