2421Re: WAV File Playback Difficulties with New Ver. 1.1a

  • Mark
    Aug 1, 2008
      Hi all, Nico

      Tried the new software on my "oldish" Intel Pentium 2.4 Ghz, 2 GB RAM
      and running XP Home SP2. It`s actually running slighty more smoothly
      and stable than previous version.
      Operating with VAC and ComOCom no problems so far. Using VAC 408 for
      Dream DRM or Sound Recorder on realtime or playback no trouble at all.
      Even tried old playback files from earlier software versions without
      any problem.
      Thank you Nico` for this release and enjoy your holiday when it comes.
      P.S Just wondering if there is any way of increasing the 50Khz FM
      bandwidth filter in the registry?

      73`s
      Mark P

      --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "Nico iv3nwv" <nicopal@...> wrote:

      > Hi Guy and everybody.
      >
      > The playback problem you are experiencing is not related to OS
      > versions nor to CPU models. It is still an old issue I didn't find the
      > time to solve within tomorrow, when the version V1.0g will expire.
      > In all the cases I'm aware of (private feedback from some users) the
      > problem is solved installing the Virtual Audio Cable software.
      > So far, I would appreciate very much the comments of those who have
      > the VAC installed but are not able to playback. Anybody out there?
      >
      > Anyway, I will dedicate all my attention to this issue during my
      > vacations in August so that the silly problem will be definitely solved.
      >
      > Nico
      >
      > --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "Guy Atkins" <dx@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Nico,
      > >
      > > I'm at a DXer's meeting this week (in Reynoldsburg, Ohio, where your
      > > distributor Universal Radio is located), but I found some time to
      > > briefly try the new ver. 1.1a.
      > >
      > > Unfortunately I cannot play back WAV files with ver. 1.1a; the
      > > playback locks up immediately after launching the WAV, and the
      > > primary and secondary display windows freeze. It only runs for a
      > > split second. I am able to record files OK, but newly recorded WAVs
      > > (or WAVs recorded with previous versions of Perseus) immediately fail.
      > >
      > > I have tried running ver. 1.1a in Windows XP SP2 compatibility mode
      > > in Vista, but with the same results.
      > >
      > > Do you have any suggestions?
      > >
      > > 73,
      > >
      > > Guy Atkins