22573Re: [perseus_SDR] Help ID Noise

  • Werner Karn
    Aug 18, 2014
      Mike,

      this 90 kHz noise with its plenty of harmonics is so strong, i.e. at 450 kHz with -30 dBm,  that I believe it is very close to your location and should be identifyable by a small quickly built loop antenna, may be 10 cm in diameter, used for direction finding. Or may be you have a portable AM radio with built-in ferrit antenna and tune to 540 or 630 or 720 and identify direction. I believe source to be most likely a switching power supply.

      Regards

      Werner

      Mike:

      I just logged in and noticed that the interference peaks about every 90 kHz.  This looks like either a computer monitor, plasma TV or switching power supply.  There has been a lot of interference these days from ‘grow lamps’, and you may have one in your neighborhood.

                Ron Castro

                 N6IE

          www.N6IE.com

      Member: