22561Re: AW: [perseus_SDR] To the station in Amberg with 3 receivers

  • barry williams
    Aug 18, 2014
      Hello Bernd,

      I lived in Amberg at Pond Kaserne for a year in 1975. All I have are great memories of that beautiful city and walking up the mountain for a fest at night under the lights along the trees. I spent many Saturday mornings in the Marktplatz and still remember where the 00 was. Does the tower still have a cannon ball stuck in the side way up near the top?

      It is great to hear about this wonderful little town again. If you are reading this Rita Salzl, "Hello after all these years". (Worth a try)

      Barry Williams
      Auburn, Alabama

      Hello Mike,

      thank you for your complements! Yes, we can confirm that this location has a very low noise floor. I made some measurement which showed a noise floor in the region of “quiet rural” according to the ITU levels. But unfortunately the noise floor increased during the last years. Close by solar power plants bring some noise into this remote “remote location” over the electricity line (noise has gone during the night or when I run the Perseus on batteries and the mains switch at the entrance to the location is switched off). With the beams pointing to the city Amberg in at least  4 km distance you can see (hear) PLC-signals …..

      If you search for DL0AO in Google, you will find a lot of pictures or

      if you would also travel to South Germany we could meet at our club station and you can see everything in reality.

      73s de Bernd, DF9RB