22526Strange frequency-dependent noise change

  • Mauno Ritola
    Aug 4, 2014
    Maybe this has been discussed before, but I can't find anything: can
    anyone explain what is happening to me sometimes, depending on what MW
    part I am tuning in. Is there some discontinuum point at about 1200 kHz?
    Attached two examples:
    1196.jpg: if I tune to that frequency or above, I get only slight noise
    belt around 1400 kHz.
    1195.jpg: tuning one kHz down or more, noise on 1400 kHz is stronger and
    another big noise belt appears at around 1000 kHz. The increase in noise
    is heard also clearly by ear, when tuning this 1 kHz down.

    Thanks,

    Mauno
  • Show all 5 messages in this topic