22519Re: [perseus_SDR] Server/Client and IPv6

  • pu3hag.l@gmail.com
    Jul 28, 2014
      Lasse,

      one alternative would be hire a VPN provider for you. You can then have one IP for you, with whatever ports open. You can even select which country the VPN will exchange traffic with the Internet (useful to circumvent any boring per country blocking).

      --hg

      -- pu3hag huelbe

      On Jul 28, 2014, at 7:55 PM, "Lasse Moell lasse.moell@... [perseus_SDR]" <perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Bad news!
      Somehow I did suspect IPv6 to cause problems...
      So far it seems I do show one IP to the world (176.10.249.229), but my
      router gets a shared address in a Service Provider network, and I bet
      this is all due to translation to new standards.

      Using the suggested tools I am not able to see any open port that I can
      use for Perseus.

      Earlier today I did try to contact the tech support and asked about
      blocked ports. I'll wait and see what they reply, or try a phone call.
      Last resort may be to change internet provider, the old one did annouce
      a price rise of 25% for all old customers but still showed the old price
      for new custormers:

      Will be interesting to see what will come out of this:
      /Lasse SM5GLC

      Wolfgang Bueschel skrev 2014-07-28 21:00:
      > take sniffer Software - not permanent - but for Perseus Port test only
      >
      > Cports.exe
      > of http://www.nirsoft.net/
      >
      > current ports
      > http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/cports.html
      >
      > or sniffer
      > http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/smsniff.html
      >

      > capture data, addresses, protocoll, Type,
      >
      >> SmartSniff is a network monitoring utility that allows you to capture
      >> TCP/IP packets that pass through your network adapter, and view the
      >> captured data as sequence of conversations between clients and servers.
      >> You can view the TCP/IP conversations in Ascii mode (for text-based
      >> protocols, like HTTP, SMTP, POP3 and FTP.) or as hex dump. (for non-text
      >> base protocols, like DNS)
      >

      > 73 wolfy df5sx

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic