21983Re: [perseus_SDR] Waterfall Crispiness...

  • nickcarr3151
    Feb 20, 2014
      I agree mostly with Don on his point, but I just wanted to clarify about averaging.  IMHO, a little averaging is necessary but the value is mostly determined by your local noise conditions.  More noise and no averaging will make for a very messy, nearly impossible-to-read waterfall.  Unless you have ZERO noise then you probably should have a small amount of averaging.

      Here's a general view of my Perseus watefall and its settings.  It nicely shows frequency hopping being used in the NYC area...
    • Show all 32 messages in this topic