21979RE: [perseus_SDR] Waterfall Crispiness...

  • Simon Brown
    Feb 19, 2014

      Lasse,

      There are many factors which can influence the waterfall, for example:

      ·        Careful use of a colour palette

      ·        Using the highest possible quality in the FFT software, indeed using good FFT algorithms in general

      ·        Windowing function used in the FFT (this is very important)

      ·        FFT overlaps – more overlap, lower resolution bandwidth (lower RBW is a *good* thing)

      ·        Programmer quality – age, alcohol intake etc.

      Simon Brown (G4ELI/HB9DRV)
      http://v2.sdr-radio.com