21978Waterfall Crispiness...

  • Lasse Moell
    Feb 19, 2014
      Was discussing SDR with a collegue today, and he was not impressed with his SDR running HDSDR, but the Perseus was really meeting his expectations, using native s/w.

      I tried to understand what he was referring to, and did som own testing this evening, and I must admit that the Perseus waterfall display  do have much better "sharpness" or crispiness vs. HDSDR. I assume this boils down to the fact that Perseus is not resizable and thus there is no mismatch between the FFT bins and pixels on the screen, furthermore I find traces sees to have less time constant and one do see more variations of the signal in Perseus s/w.

      Has anyone else noticed these differencies?

      Even if this is the Perseus group I just have to ask if some users see other s/w offer similar crispiness to the waterfall as the native Perseus but have resize option? (SDR-Radio, Elad or Studio1 maybe??)

      /Lasse SM5GLC
    • Show all 32 messages in this topic