21967Re: [perseus_SDR] Re: Perseus off frequency (more information)

  • Werner Karn
    Feb 17, 2014
      Hi Dave,

      I have one of my Perseus running on an external 10MHz reference plus x8 multiplier, this is extremely frequency stable, but has disadvantage like higher phase noise.
      A compromise could be a sort of oven controlled oscillator, like DL1SNG has proposed for the Si570 based FA-Synthesizer. He glued a BD244 transistor as heating element on top of the oscillator and a temperatur sensor B57703-10k on top of the transistor to keep the temperarure constant. Works fine with my Si570.

      Kind Regards

      Werner

      > units must vary a lot, my experience about stability is completely
      > different. I have two units and they drift max ±2 Hz at 15 MHz in stable
      > room temperature. I check the calibration weekly on the average, and
      > usually no recalibration needed. One has to keep in mind, that they must
      > be fully warmed up *in listening position*, preferably 1 full hour.

      ... and your room temperature must be stable !!

      Jurgen Bartels Suellwarden, N. Germany
      Ant. hor: 29-45MHz 7-el, 45-87MHz 11-el, FM 15.11, Band-3:13-el, UHF:48-el
      MW: 30 x 4m EWE 320° with JB-terminator, Winradio & Perseus
      http://dx.3sdesign.de/tv_offset_list.htm

    • Show all 48 messages in this topic