21960Re: [perseus_SDR] Re: Perseus off frequency (more information)

  • daiche
    Feb 17, 2014

      Walt,

      You can copy the calibration settings from the client registry key to the server registry key, but it serves no useful purpose to be that precise, since the Perseus drifts continually anyway. I have had 2 Perseus in the past and both drifted. The best I have come up with is this 'in si-tu' process to minimize disruption. The Perseus drifts even in a stable indoors environment. In my case, with a remote Perseus in an unheated outside storage area, I typically calibrate it once during the day and once in the late evening. Typically within 5 minutes of a calibration, you will notice a tonal difference in the CW test. It would have been nice if the Perseus clock was more stable, but it's not. I do believe I have heard mention of 1-2 people modifying the Perseus for external clock...

      Dave  N7NZH  Dewey, AZ

    • Show all 48 messages in this topic