21953Re: Perseus off frequency (more information)

  • daiche
    Feb 16, 2014

      Hi Walt,

      the easiest way to set the server calibration settings is by logging into your local server from your local client. This can be done on the same PC that the server is running on or from another PC in your local network (if you have one). They key thing is you have to use the server password during login which then gives you access rights to change the server settings AND which sets the server registry settings in the process of calibration. So once you login using the local IP address (from the client) you click 'center' which enables 'CalcClr' (click it also) to remove the old settings and then you calibrate and save the results. That process saves the calibration settings in the server registry area without having to tamper directly with the registry. I use the highest WWV frequency that I can, and go into 'CW' mode with 'Zoom' on to see the carrier detail better. Before I actually click 'Cal' I toggle the 'CW' button several times to insure there is no tonal difference between upper and lower sideband. You can stil reapply a small change if it is off a bit from the CW test and then click 'Cal' to set the server registry settings when you are satisfied. Now, one thing you should know, is that the Perseus DOES drift from temperature, voltage differences and even 'active' usage. So if I really want it accurate I will run an active (local) session for a while and then calibrate. The other thing to know it that this method does NOT place the exact same settings for calibration in the client and server registry.  To my mind this is OK  and avoids having to insert data in the registry  to match client settings, knowing calibration is going to change a little over time anyway, from drift. Hopefully I didn't complicate this too much with background material. HaHa!

      Dave  N7NZH  Dewey, AZ

    • Show all 48 messages in this topic