21952Re: [perseus_SDR] Server check please!

  • Jurgen Bartels
    Feb 16, 2014
      > house---choke just outside house---ground coax shield after choke---long
      > coax run on/in GND---choke---ground coax shield near antenna mast
      > base---up---active antenna.
      >
      > The idea is to make the shield of the long coax run "cold", at "soil
      > potential" RF-wise so to speak, and the second choke + GND at the
      > antenna base helps even more by making the antenna "see" its local GND only.

      That is only valid for higher frequencies.
      For 10..200 kHz chokes become less effective, I learned it the hard way. The
      only solution was a 1:1 transformer at the shack, that effectively made VLF
      noise free, because it interrupts the noise current on the coax screen.
      Also Rx on other computers are connected via a separate 1:1 winding to prevent
      noise current injection from those.
      Make sure the hot-end of a winding does not sit on the ground-end of the other
      winding, that had increased noise on shortwave and higher

      Lasse, I just compared your antenna against my beverage and I do see a sweeper
      running from 60..100 Khz, the same that I see here for many days. Does anyone
      know who that is? Sweeping that low is very unsual.

      Jurgen Bartels Suellwarden, N. Germany
      Ant. hor: 29-45MHz 7-el, 45-87MHz 11-el, FM 15.11, Band-3:13-el, UHF:48-el
      MW: 30 x 4m EWE 320° with JB-terminator, Winradio & Perseus
      http://dx.3sdesign.de/tv_offset_list.htm
    • Show all 48 messages in this topic