      Sent: Tuesday, July 02, 2013 8:02 AM
      Subject: Re: [perseus_SDR] Perseus SDR architecture

      Hello Mark,

      I believe that you are mixing up the internal noise of a receiver and
      reception of weak signals.
      Without antenna connected, you observe the internal noise of the PERSEUS
      SDR.
      The lower the internal noise is, the better the capability to receive weak
      signals.

      So, when you switch the attenuator off, the internal noise and noise floor
      drops and received signals will be enhanced by the amount of attenuation.

      73,
      Roelof Bakker, pa0rdt

      (I have been a teacher for 35 years, so I couldn't resist!)

    • Show all 21 messages in this topic