20568Re: USB3 and Back Compatibility

  • tregicom
    Jun 3 7:31 AM
      Tim,

      The key here is to try changing your bios settings if using your Perseus is a priority. There are many other USB 2.0 devices that are not working on USB 3.0 ports as they should. Also check the latest bios updates for your PC as this has some potential to resolve the problem as well.

      Ken, N0QO

      --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, Tim Hall <TimHall1@...> wrote:

      > Very interesting. Those sound like the same symptoms I was experiencing on
      > a Toshiba laptop last week. Hope this settles down in future versions of
      > Windows and/or Perseus software. We can't keep trying one laptop after
      > another until we find one that works... 73, Tim
      >
      > On Sat, Jun 1, 2013 at 6:53 AM, <ken-long@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > I have been able to get USB 3 to work with the Perseus on a couple of Win
      > > 8 Asus laptops by changing a bios setting.
      > > One of these machines only has USB 3 ports.
      > >
      > > Before I did this only HF Span would work correctly. After the change the
      > > 4.0c worked properly. I do not know what bios
      > > settings others will have available but I would suggest some
      > > experimentation in the USB bios settings if you do not have the
      > > same settings available to you as on my machines. How you access the bios
      > > is machine and sometimes operating system specific
      > > so if you do not know how to do this already you will have to do some
      > > research. For most Win 8 machines you can get to the
      > > bios through advanced start-up. Google how to access the bios for your
      > > machine should get you all the info you need.
      > >
      > > When you get to the USB configuration in the Bios change XHCI Pre-Boot
      > > Mode from Auto to Disabled. Save the change and exit the bios utility.
      > > This was all I did to get the Perseus up and going with 4.0C on USB 3.0.
      > >
      > > I hope this helps.
      > >
      > > Ken, N0QO

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic